Chapter Six

|Chapter 6

The range rover stopped in front of a huge beach house. I don’t have to ask who owned it. It was him, of course. He shook his head. “It’s not mine.” He opened the car door and stepped outside. He then walked to my door, opening it. He took my hand and helped me get down of the rover. I stood admiring the beauty of the beach house. I turned around and looked at the blue sea. Wow, it was gorgeous. I never have the time to go to beaches, the very reason why our honeymoon was supposedly to be at Bali, Indonesia. Seunghyun said that the view there was fantastic. 

I bit my lips, realizing that Jiyong have read my thoughts. I turned to him and he looked grim. I shrugged and pulled a smile while he just rolled his eyes. I twitched my lips. He pulled my hand and we walked our way to the beach house. 

The house was Japanese-modern style. It was beautiful in and out. “Aunt Bom!” he called out loud. Aunt Bom? I looked at him and he remained impasse. Soon a voice boomed all over the house. “Kwon Jiyong! How many times do I have to tell you to not call me Aunt Bom!?” before I was able to react I saw a beautiful woman that stood in front of us. She was wearing a skin tight, short dress with beautiful patterns on it, a green tassel like necklace and a killer spiky heels. She looked so young and beautiful in her bright red hair. I looked at Jiyong. “She’s my Aunt.” He rolled his eyes. Seconds, the woman was twisting his earlobe and he was whining. I fought my laughter, my cheeks puffed on the process. 

“I told you to call me Bom!” she hissed angrily. “I am your mother’s best friend and we are not even related, you idiot.” I looked at him. So she was his mother’s best friend, wouldn’t she supposed to be really old? “She’s old, it’s a spell.” Jiyong explained rubbing his ear. Bom rolled her eyes before landing a look on me and began checking me from head to toe. “You are married to a mortal?” she turned to Jiyong, the tone of her voice was more than asking. She was actually shocked, she was surprised and there was this protest lingering. She even sounded horrified that it actually hurt. But her tone was mostly calm but still I can feel those emotions lying underneath. “I am.” Jiyong answered firmly wrapping his arm around my shoulder, protectively. 

I looked at Bom. Clearly, she was thinking, her eyes went back and forth to me and Jiyong. I wish I know what she was thinking. I can feel my stomach tightened to whatever it was, maybe I am nervous. Jiyong gave my shoulder a light squeeze. Translation: everything’s okay, no need to worry. I nodded at him and he smiled. “Well hello, I am Park Bom.” she offered her hand to me and I reached it courteously. “Pa—I mean Kwon Dara.” I sounded a bit awkward. Well, how many times do I get to introduce myself as Kwon Dara? And more to someone of his affiliates? I think, just now. “Nice to meet you.” I added to lessen the silence and the awkwardness. She smiled at me. “I think you know the situation you are into, right?” she was straight forward. I don’t know what to say.    

 I pressed my lips and gave her a tight nod. “You’re crazy.” She remarked. I couldn’t agree more. Jiyong glared at her which made her roll her eyes. “It’s scary Kwon Jiyong.” That was sarcasm at its best from the Aunt whose age was unknown but definitely really old but looked like an eighteen year old that would go on her date. I looked at her and my head started thinking of things, there were brand new set of questions that I wanted to ask but kept unsaid. 

“This is not like marriage shit of mortals, you should know that if things became real shit, there’s no divorce you can run to.” Bom turned to me. I am a bit dizzy on how fast she turned from one subject to another then back to the previous. It was hard to keep up with her, you could not predict what could come out in that rogue lips of hers. “I know that.” I nodded, trying to sound firm and perhaps convincing myself that I fully knew the situation I was into which in every sense was not true.