Chapter 8

|Chapter 8

I cupped his face between my palms caressing it, softly and lovingly. This man was a man I will never be able to let go. Thinking of living a day without holding or seeing him, I will definitely suffer years of pain. I now realized that dying was never an option, giving up was out of the choices. I need to live, I need to fight. I will crawl if I have to for the small amount of time that I could gain from it. Jiyong held my hand tightly, kissing it lovingly. He’s such a sweet guy. 

I closed my eyes for a second to blink and when I opened it everything was in black in white. The leaves falling off the trees hanged suspended in the air just like how the thin curtains were. Jiyong’s eyes widened. He got up and pulled me tightly and securely into his arms. The silence was eerie and shivering. The anticipation was sickening. My heart was pounding erratically in my chest, out of beat, of great panic and hysterics. My pupils roamed around the room, looking for something I don’t know. 

A ripping sound filled the silence. We both turned around to look at it. My breathing halted at the view of two strangers in front of us. Both were pale white, skins were shimmering like carefully cut diamonds that reflected to the absent sunlight. Their faces were crafted perfection, their posture was better than anyone. But the thing the struck me the most was their glowing violet eyes.

Death Gods. 

I looked at the woman standing next to the man. She was beautiful with her blond hair on tease, with diamond headband on it. She was wearing a little babydoll dress, which were sleeveless and were plunging showing her cleavage that were in returned covered by the set of necklaces she was wearing. Some were pearl, others were gold. It came in different designs but they were all looking expensive and huge. Her legs were showing at the small length of her skirt and her studded heels stood for attention. She could have been Bom’s fashion friend or something. Her hands were covered in long silk black gloves that were long enough to pass her elbows. The nude color of her lipstick was shiny, the black eyeliner make up on her eyes were intense and the huge earring of hers were dangling arrogantly down her ears. 

Drifting my eyes, I stared at the man standing beside her. He was handsome. His jet black hair was spilling from his black top hat. He was wearing a coat in checkered pattern. The white was shining and somewhat silvery. He was holding a can on his left hand, its holder was of pure gold, shining and looking so expensive. There was this playful smirk in his lips something that was absent on the lips of the woman standing next to him. 

Both of them looked so elegant, like they travelled from the 18th century down to twenty thirteen. They looked so lost yet so glamorous. “Good Morning Mr. and Mrs. Kwon,” they bowed down. Their voices were in perfect synch just like how their movements were. “We are the Lee Twins.” They looked back to us. “Lee Seungri,” the guy said raising his right hand like he was asking for a dance. “Lee Chaerin,” the woman grabbed his hand and held it tight. “And we are here to do our job. We are here to take your soul Mrs. Kwon.” The way how their words were said exactly the same time, how it sounded so synchronized, it was cringing. It made me feel as if we were facing a single person that has two bodies. 

Jiyong tightened his arms around me and I clutched his clothes tightly. The Death Realm was indeed desperate for my soul for them to send not just one but two Death Gods. “You can leave now, I will never let you get my wife’s soul. Stop wasting your time.” Jiyong’s words were in an angry hiss, his eyes were on a fierce glow matching theirs. The twins remained standing looking at the two of us, in their perfect posture. Calmness that were inch close to being void, almost emotionless. 

“We are sorry Mr. Kwon but we will never leave this place without your wife’s soul.” The wind surged but the silence ensued, the leaves remained in the midst of the air, like how the curtains were. I took a step backward, my eyes not leaving the twins. They were now in black Chinese clothes, both holding golden thin swords which they were pointing to the two of us. I can feel their aura, it was so strong and hell determined. They were really going to get my soul.