Chapter Seven

|Chapter 7 

I don’t know what time it was but I can’t seem to catch sleep, all I was doing was stare at his handsome face. How perfectly crafted it was, how his blond hair was on a sexy mess, and those black long lashes that settled on his cheeks. I reached for his face, my fingers gently brushing away his hair. He was so beautiful. It was wrong, a guy could never be beautiful but then, he was. There was no denying it, his beauty was heart wrenching. 

He held my hand tightly, moving it to his lips and kissing it gently making me giggle. That habit of him will never get old for me. I loved how he never fails to do that small sweet gesture. I smiled widely the moment he opened his eyes. Pulling me to him, I can hear his heartbeat against my sweaty skin, bared under this thin white sheet. “It feels like we were on a honeymoon.” I giggled feeling him nuzzling to me. “Yeah, better than the one that was supposed to be in Bali.” I glared at him and he chuckled in dry humor. I don’t get why he was so bitter about it, when I have chose to stay with him. 

“Because you don’t have any choice,” his tone was sad. I looked at him, I don’t really know what to say to him. I caressed his face and looked straight to his eyes. “I always have my choices Jiyong and I like my choices. I like them a lot.” A small smile glimpsed at his lips as he pulled me closer to him. “Rest,” he kissed my forehead and I looked up on him. “Rest.” I returned the word to which he answered with a chuckle. My eyes turned to slit, I am glaring at him. “Arasso, arasso,” he closed his eyes still with a smile on his lips. 

I looked at him and felt how his breathe went slowly even. The way he fell asleep was slowly then all at once. After so many days, I finally see Jiyong fell asleep. I have missed this view, I have missed watching him sleep. He looked so peaceful, so harmless, and so ordinary. So human. He was not the half-Caster, half-Death God that I unknowingly married. He was just the plain and ordinary Kwon Jiyong. This one was his human side. I moved closer to him, snuggled to his arms -- my most favorite place. Lifting my head, I landed a quick peck on his soft lips. I don’t know what I was feeling, I can’t sort it out and I was still walking in this puddle of confusion. But one thing was for sure, I wanted to hear him say it to me. I wanted to hear him say how much he loved me. 

Because somewhere inside me, I got the feeling that I am falling in love with him too. The only question will be if it was my real feelings or it was the Caster marriage. 

••• 

I turned left and right. The bed felt big and it was as if there was something missing, but to what it was I don’t have any clue. I snapped my eyes opened, pushing myself to sit down. The whole place was in the color of orange. I looked around me, I was alone in the room and in the bed. Jiyong – he was the one missing in that huge bed of ours. “Jiyong?” I called but all I earned was the unwanted silence. I moved out of my bed, the white sheet felt heavy and warm, it was contrast on how light it looked like. I walked to the veranda, tying my white silk robe around me, I slid the glass door open expecting a strong breeze carrying the scent of the sea to welcome me but instead I was welcome by still air. I looked at the sea, wondering. My chest was pounding and there were these thoughts that kept on coming in my head, it was unsettling. 

“Jiyong?” I called him once more, now louder, despite that I earned nothing once more. I decided to walk out of the room, thinking maybe he was in the kitchen cooking something. The corridor was bathing in the shade of orange as well and the emptiness was making me nervous. I walked my way to the kitchen passing the huge sliding door to the backyard of the house. It has the perfect view of the sun as it was peeking from the endless horizon. I walked to the door and slid it open. The whole place was so silent that I couldn’t hear anything not even the waves of the ocean, or even my heartbeat. I was sure that my heart was pounding for various reasons but then I couldn’t hear it not even my heavy steps against the wooden plank.