Chapter 3

A/N: Sorry that this chap is posted a bit later. I won't really be keeping a consistent schedule for posting new chapters but hopefully, I'll update often. I edited chapter 2 a bit if any of ya'll wanna reread it. Also, this chapter will be in Peter's perspective. Be prepared for lots of fluff. So without further ado, here's chapter 3. Enjoy!

The first thing he felt was pain. A searing, burning pain that crawled through his skin and into his bones. The pain was all over Peter's chest and abdomen where the venom had sprayed. A headache poked annoyingly at the back of his head. He was obviously in some sort of hospital on Vizonia. He could see dim aqua colored light filtering through his closed eyelids. The last thing he remembered was the feeling of Drax carrying him bridal style, and-

Gamora. The memory of Gamora leading the group, fighting off orroks as they hurried towards town. Her clothes were soaked in crimson red, and a scratch had appeared on her forehead, dripping blood down her face. Is she okay?

Peter tried to move off of the cushiony bed he was situated on, but he couldn't. It was as if his joints were frozen. He could hear a song playing gently in the room. He immediately recognized it from his Zune. Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Queen. How was Terran music playing here? Perhaps he was just imagining it.

His confusion was interrupted as he felt soft hands slid into his. He knew them to be Gamora's. Soft to the touch with perfectly manicured fingernails. He could feel her pulse, steady and strong through her hands.

Wait, since when did Gamora hold hands? He recalled a moment back on Berhert when she was reassuring his doubts about Ego. By the time Peter had looked down at their hands, she had pulled away and shared a look with him. Gamora didn't take signs of affection lightly, only letting Quill in at particularly touchy moments. But now, she didn't seem to have any intention of pulling away any time soon.

Quill opened his eyes slowly, now able to see the room. More importantly, he could see Gamora standing over him with a worried expression on her face. She was looking down at their joined hands, her head tilted slightly.

"Morning." Quill croaked gently, a small smile dancing across his face. Gamora was slightly taken aback by Peter's awakening, for she flinched and her hands twitched, but thankfully she did not pull her hands away. She looked at him, gaze softening. Peter's heart did backflips as she smiled a small grin.

"You playing music?" He asked, sitting up a bit and ignoring the pain in his torso. Gamora smiled.

"Yes. I hoped it would be nice for you to wake up to it." Her voice was soft and careful. Light as a feather as if she talked too strong Peter may shatter. Peter squeezed her hands gently, softly smiling.

"Thank you." Quill was surprised that such a small act of kindness could fill him with so much emotion.

"How are you feeling?" Gamora asked, pulling one hand away so that she could pull a chair over to Peter's bed. Her hand soon returned.

"Not great. My skins on fire." He winced, feeling a new wave of pain wash over him. He sighed gently. "Are you okay? I woke up for a second while you guys were carrying me over here. You were covered in blood." He noticed a small white strip of bandage where on Gamora's forehead where the cut once was. He brought one hand up to caress her face slowly, running his thumb gently over the bandage with caution.

"I'm fine. My wounds aren't nearly as bad as yours." She brought a hand up to where Perter was holding her face, resting her hand there and lacing their fingers. "I'm sorry I lead you into that plan. I got you hurt. I blame myself for this." She said quietly, letting out a small sigh at the sight of Quill's injuries. Quill squeezed her hand