one. strangers

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

FAMILY. IT WAS the only thing the young woman had ever wanted in her life. The simple act of sitting at the table and eating a meal with her loved ones was something she craved. Growing up, Kristina Marshall wanted nothing more than a place to call her owna place that she could call home.

Having two siblings, a younger sister and an older brother, helped fill the empty void they each had but growing without any parents made them feel like a piece to their puzzle was missing. The picture would never be complete.

A couple of years ago, Kristina was split up from her siblings during a vampire attack and ended up finding herself all alone in a strange place Mystic Falls. There, she made a new family and found love with another werewolf. Creating these bonds helped fill the endless void she didn't know she had and made the life for herself that she always wanted.

Until one day, she met a man who flipped her world upside down and who she slowly developed feelings for the more time they spent together. Eventually, Kristina was reunited with her sister and from there she left Mystic Falls, saying goodbye to her friends and the man she fell for as she went in search for the rest of her family.

The young werewolf sat upright on the stool, her elbows rested on the bat as she flicked through the photos on her phone. They were images of her old life and she couldn't help but smile ever so often even though she missed it terribly. The light music from the bar filled the room whilst Hayley stared intently at the drink in front of her, they had been to said bar multiple times since they arrived New Orleans.

"Third time in here this week." A woman commented as she waltzed up to them from the opposite side of the bar, drying a glass. Her name was Jane-Anne.

Hayley gave her a serious look as Kristina turned off her phone with a sigh. "We're obsessed with the gumbo, Jane-Anne."

Jane-Anne gave a smile as she chuckled "The old ladies in the ninth ward say my sister, Sophie bleeds a piece of her soul into every dish."

"Well whatever she puts in it tell her to keep it coming." Kristina commanded playfully. It really was the best food she had ever tasted.

Hayley glanced to her sister and nudged her before turning back to Jane-Anne. "We've been asking around the quarter about our family."

"And?" Jane-Anne asked with a curious tone.

Kristina moved her hand across in a cutting motion with a disappointed tone. "Nothing. Zero. We haven't found a single person who remembers them."