Chapter 8

A long distance away, in a different time John was driving to his second to last stop. He tried to get settled into his cushion, slowly relaxing his back.
By the time he was settled he was there. Mrs. Gibbons apartment, John didn't like to give the audit to women so he was glad she wasn't there. Instead there was Mr.Gibbons trying to read a book. John knocked on the door and he rose. Mr. Gibbons had once been a head marketer, but had a few evasion charges. He accepted his fate when he was put on mandatory retirement. "Ight, Just give it to me". John knew Mrs. Gibbons wouldn't be so easy to convince. With Mr. Gibbons he just said "sign here and here", and was done. He was about to leave when John asked him. "The building over there, what's it's name"? He couldn't help but ask. It still unerved him to think about the shine. Mr. Gibbons shook his long white hair around and put his finger to his lip. "Methinks it's another marketing shitshow". He slammed the door shut and picked his book back up. John grunted, he was tired of old people. He knew the last name wouldn't be old, but wouldn't be fun either. Haji Tho, he was a director, in the nicest term possible. John was getting ready for his last trip of the day, but as soon as he sat down again he felt another chill. This was getting really strange. He wondered if he was sick. He then came to a decision. He would discover what the light was, after his last stop of course. He started driving and it began to sprinkle rain. John turned on his radio, it was going to take little while to get there. As he drove away the station was being interupted. John groaned, he was glad he had a cassette player. The static was almost making out words. He thought it would be a weather report or a song, but it didn't seem like either. It felt like someone was trying to talk to him. This day was getting weirder by the second. John turned of the radio and popped in his B.E.R. mix. He liked watching the city lights blur through the rain. It gave him clarity in his feelings. Visiting Haji was always annoying. He was a bit surprised though, Haji was usually good about his business and tax returns. John parked for the 6th time that day and walked to the shiny new apartment building. He knocked the door and as soon as he did Haji came bursting through. He was a tall tan man with a medium build. He was covering his face. John stepped back, unsurprised at what just happened. Haji turned towards him and scowled. He revealed a fresh scar on his forehead. "Damn bitch got issues, Watchu want". John didn't like Hajis slang and slurs. "Well let's talk tax's", motioning to the door. It was beginning to rain more, and John didn't like to get wet. Haji let him in and slammed the door behind.