Chapter 12 Mellifera

Paris, what a romantic when it came to other cities. She was the jewel in the eye of Eurasia. She was the cherished child of the First Council. She was... to put it bluntly, Paris.

Mellifera studied the support beams that held the underside of second tier up from what once was a flooded plain of Goal. She had always wanted to visit Paris, especially after learning that her mother had fled to the city after Apis had ordered for her arrest. The city had already spilt a shadow across the military base by the time their convoy of trucks arrived and the air was noticeably cooler than in Italy, making Mellifera shiver as she stood admiring the underbelly of Paris.

"I have an extra coat if you want it." Hue said from behind her.

She shook her head and turned. "I need to talk to Arkin Jones." What better time than now, she thought, to talk to Arkin about her mother than there in Paris. Both of them could get away from the group and into the streets of Paris for some privacy to talk.

"He's gone, told his team that if he doesn't return within the hour, we must leave with out him." Hue said with a hint of curiosity in his voice.

Just my luck, she thought, the only time that would be suitable to talk to Arkin on the matter of her mother lost becouse of his unseen duties elsewhere. Where was he going and why?

"Did he say where and why was he going into the city?" She asked.

Hue shook his head. "His only instruction was that once the needed supplies where loaded up, we must leave with out him if he has not returned. He would catch up with up further north in Hamburg."

Mellifera turned her attention back to the might city. Her curiosity peaked and she wondered what was so imported that Arkin Jones would leave an assigned mission by her father.

"So be it." She said as her curiosity dwindled and she turned back to the convoy of trucks that were busy being loaded with suppliess and trailers attached and snow tires fitted. "Let us hurry the loading and get out of here."