2

Nerris sat up and clamped a hand down over her mouth. She tried to slow her breathing and closed her eyes to stay calm. Though it didnt work very well as there was a light knock at the door. After a few moments the door creaked open and a figure entered the room. Nerris forced her breathing to slow down enough for her to speak quietly.

"Did I wake you up...?" she asked in an almost timid voice. Despite living with them for for over three years now she still got partially intimidated by Dan. The male shook his head and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"No, I was awake already" he assured her slowly as he looked at her with worried eyes. She averted her gaze and could only mutter out a small "oh" in response. The two sat in silence for a few minutes before Dan let out a tired sigh.

"Do you want-" he started but Nerris shook her head knowing what he was going to say.

"No. I'm fine" she replied in a shaky voice. He didn't seem convinced but nodded slowly anyways.

"Well I was gonna ask if you wanted a cup of coffee not if you wanted to talk about it" he said cracking a small smile. Nerris returned it lightly and nodded as she looked down at the covers around her.

"Oh..." she said quietly and felt the weight leave the matress as Dan stood up.

"I'll go get a pot on" with that he left the room and Nerris stared at the wall silently. After a few moments she reached over and grabbed her phone. She checked the time, 4:14 am, and pulled up her contacts. She pulled up Harrison's and looked at the picture for a few moments Before pulling up their texts. She started to type something out but stopped, her finger hovering over the call button. After a few moments of consideration she clicked it and raised the device to her ear to listen to it ring. He picked up on the third.

"Hey..." Narris let out a small sigh of relief when she heard his voice. It was deep and scratchy like He was half asleep. When she thought about it she figured he was.

"Hey, did I wake you up?" she said after a few moments. She couldn't help but smile as he let out a quiet chuckle. 

"No I've been unpacking" he reassured her once he was done. He let out a sigh of his own and continued talking. "I miss you ya know" nerris grinned to herself and nodded even though he couldn't see her.

"I know but I'll be down tomorrow to help you unpack"

"But-" he started but she cut him off.

"No. I don't want to wait another month until we can see each other" her voice was firm and left no room for argument on his part so he was forced to accept it. Nerris went to say something but was interrupted by a light knock on the door. Dan poked his head into the room and mouthed "coffee" to which she nodded and swung her legs off the side of her bed. "Go to sleep Harri, I'll see you tomorrow"

"But- fine- I love you" he sounded defeated from losing the argument but did as instructed.

"Love you too" she waited a few moments Before hanging up the phone and standing up. Dan had disappeared from her doorway. 

Harris walked over to her dresser with a sigh. She knew that she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep and frankly, she didn't want to. With a sigh She grabbed a tank top and pulled it on along with a pair of shorts. She grabbed a brush and ran it through her hair. She needed ask Harrison if he would cut it tomorrow.

Once she was done She walked downstairs. There was a cup of coffee in the counter waiting for her. She smiled at Dan who was sitting on the couch with his computer in his lap sipping his own cup. Nerris quickly drank the bitter drink Before walking over to the door. She pulled on a Niki jacket and slipped out of the house.

Once She was out she sighed and looked down the street. Saying nerris was never a athletic person was an understatement. But running helped clear her mind. And that's exactly what she needed to do. She started down the street with an emotionless expression.