Chapter Eight

He didn't know how long he was at the Pokémon Center in Midna Town. His battle against Nora was an eye-opener to say the very least. With just a single Pokémon she managed to devastate his team without much effort. Even more impressive than that was the fact that she hadn't used her other two teammates yet. If her Vibrava was that strong, Zander could only imagine what the rest of her team was like. He tried not to think about it as he trekked down the path leading out of the city. Damian opted to remain behind in order to train a bit longer. 

Zander decided to take a break as he'd been walking for several miles and hadn't the faintest idea where he was currently. Taking a seat under one of the trees along the path, he reached into his bag and pulled out his navigational device to pull up the map to get his location. Materializing into view, Mew hovered over his shoulder quietly while Zander figured out the map. 

"Okay... so right now I'm here, and the next town is about a day's walk from here. I guess it's a good thing I picked up some camping gear in Midna Town. I mean... it's just a cheap one person tent but it's better than nothing. Dammit it sucks being poor," Zander muttered, earning a giggle from Mew. 

"What are you laughing at?" Zander replied as he looked over his shoulder, arching a brow at the floating feline.

Mew hovered around in front of him and turned itself upside down while tilting its head. A faint smile curved onto Zander's face as he looked into the face of the mischievous cat. Sighing, he glanced down at the map again in order to plan out the rest of his day. Scanning the length of the path he'd taken he saw that it split to the north and stopped at what appeared to be a secluded clearing. 

"I guess I could make camp there for the night. It's only a two miles away and though it's out of the way, I might be able to find more Pokémon to add to my team," Zander said aloud, stroking his chin in thought. 

Mew seemed to agree with his decision and nodded along as Zander explained his plans aloud. Concluding his plans, he got up and with Mew in tow, resumed along his planned route.

Several miles north of Midna Town, just outside the Ancient Ruins, a squadron of cultists stood before its entrance

Several miles north of Midna Town, just outside the Ancient Ruins, a squadron of cultists stood before its entrance. They were all clad in blue and red. 

"Are you certain that it's here?" one of the group asked aloud as they began to make their way inside of the structure. 

"Audrey said it, did she not?" another member replied, giving the inquirer a stern look. 

"Well yeah but-"

"Then it's not to be questioned. So unless you want to be reported for insubordination, I suggest you refrain from that behavior and just follow orders..."

Without another word, the group ventured farther into the depths of the ruins in search of their target, all the while blissfully unaware of a pair of yellow eyes following them.