Chapter 22

Year 2023

-

"Case closed." The judge states, and people start getting out of their seats and leaving the court. I won this case.

My client thanks me, hugging me with joy. I helped him gain full custody of his 4 year-old boy. "Would you like to meet him?"

"Sure," I smile politely, as he guides me to his son. "Hello there," I greet the young boy. He had blonde hair and bright blue eyes, and his smile was crooked and missing teeth. He shyly said hi back, grabbing his dad's hand and holding it.

"What's your name?" I ask, crouching down to his height. "James," he says shyly, looking down at the ground. My heart warms at his small, frail voice. "Well, I hope you're happy you get to spend time with your daddy now," I say, smiling at the two before dismissing myself.

I loved being a lawyer. I always win cases, only ever losing once or twice. I was working my way up to the top, my goal was to become the greatest lawyer in NYC, like my dad was in London.

My dad sent me to NYC for my 18th birthday to attend law school. I graduated with a degree and became a lawyer right away. It was actually pretty easy.

Now I make good money, traveling to different places with my boyfriend Harry every summer.

My mother called me once a month, asking how my job is going and what Harry is up to. She's been bugging me to have kids, but at my age of 26, I was certainly not ready for one.

My mother and father finally accept me and show me love. After undergoing four years of therapy, I'm 'normal'. I don't cry myself to sleep. I don't slit my wrist. I eat normally.

I am not depressed anymore. I'm living life to the fullest. Even though I still have memories and flashbacks of my teenage-love Niall, I'm moving on with my life.

My life is pretty fucking good.

-

Omg hey guyss. so i was scrolling through this story and seen a lot of comments. just want to say thank you to all of the people that comment. the sweet ones that compliment this story really make me smile. and i didnt reply to most of them but thats only because my wattpad is dumb! I havent seen most of them since today! Sorry about that my loves. 💘

And this chapter is basically telling how her future is now. shes a lawyer and therapy basically fixed her. Next chapter will be the final one and i think you guys will like it bc its hella cute.

Love you all so much. You guys truly have no idea how much i appreciate you guys. thanks for always putting a smile on my face💜