Chapter 4 : Bare

I awoke to a sharp pain in my left shoulder. My vision blurred as I tried to focus on anything, anything but the pain. But my attempts were futile. I cried out, but my voice was weak. "somebody please anybody..." In a final attempt, I managed to croak "help." I heard slow footsteps heading towards me. My mind pulsed with heat, but I still kept willing them to speed up, to help me. It was the nurse from yesterday. When she finally saw me she stepped back, her face pale. "wh what's wrong" I whimpered. She quickly got to giving me some strong painkillers then decided to break the news to me. Little did I know at the time that this would be a turning point in my life, it would completely change how others perceived me and, yes, how I perceived myself.

First, she told of how they found me, crumpled, seemingly lifeless on the floor. But yes, there was hope. Hope for my life, and my future. But there was one problem, she said, which made it difficult for them to rescue me. My pulse quickened and I drew back, afraid. She told me that my arm was... trapped under a heavy pile of ice and snow. They were hopeful that it would quickly heal, and wouldn't have been overly frozen by the ice, as the paremedics were quick to respond.

"I'm not convinced, we'd have to look into it, but it seems likely that you have several damaged arteries. Now that... that would mean that the correct procedure... Would be an amputation." My head echoed with her words tormenting me again and again. Surely not?

After they identified that my arteries had been damaged, and some even narrowed, they decided to perform the procedure, as apparently my cells weren't getting enough oxygen?! I don't really understand it, but I agreed to do it, knowing I was in safe hands.

I plummeted yet again into darkness and awoke feeling bare on my right side. Was this just a dream? Some weird alternate version of reality? But no. I looked down and saw my arm. Well what was my arm. At least my shoulder pain had subsided. But what I saw now was a mess. How was I meant to do anything with just one arm?!

Next chapter she goes homeee :D

Please comment any preferences of uploading--daily, whenever I write, etc. I'm quite new to this and would like to see how people prefer to read.

Also thanks to anyone who made it this far I'll try to make it more eventful soon when the real adventure starts .

Thanks for reading chapter 4 of The Girl of Ice and Fire!

Feel free to vote if you enjoyed!