Chapter 5: Getting Out of the Hellhole

Yoshiki Kishinuma's P.O.V

I opened my eyes, the pain stinging badly. That stupid zombie-hammer guy had got me good in the ribs. And he had punched my head. He was strong, I'll give him that. I really hoped my lung wasn't punctured by my obviously broken rib. My breathing was ragged and shallow, but it didn't hurt. It was just hard. I really hoped that was a semi-good thing.

I pulled myself up, wincing as a flash of pain went through me. I looked down at where I had been hit in my chest. Great, I was bleeding. I took off my jacket, then my white shirt. It was already bloodsoaked, so it wouldn't really matter. It would need to be bleached again anyways. I put my white shirt around the wound on my chest, threw the jacket over my shoulders, and looked towards where the door Shinozaki had gone down.

I could see a faint blue outline of Suzumoto yelling 'Shigshigshigshigshig', and he was frozen in place. I swear, those two were lovestruck.

But that was the least of the problems in that room.

The girl in red was stabbing Shinozaki, and anger filled me quickly. I stagger my way towards the door. The hanging man was on the ground now, decapitated. Both of them; the one that had been hanging and the animate one. I ignored those and kept mkaing my way into the room.

My muscles almost locked as soon as I entered, but a scream radiating through the air freed me immediately. It was Shinozaki's. I needed to save her. Right now. I saw Satoshi's eyes widen at the sight of me, bleeding, but going to push Sachiko away from the dark haired class rep. Yuka was trying to get Sachiko's attention, to give her the doll.

"Hahahahahaaha...MAYU! MAAYUU!" Fuck. Morishige had finally lost it. He was laughing maniacally. We needed to appease this angry ghost girl, calm him down, and get the hell out of this hellhole. So, in order to help the situation, I put all my force and strength into a shove at the ghost girl. It apparently was a lot, since she flew back into Morishige sending him to his knees. "MAAAYUUUUU!"

Shinozaki was bleeding badly. Worse than me. Okay, maybe not worse than me. My freaking ribs were exposed. But screw that...she was hurt. I took off my jacket, and wrapped it around her quickly, before turning back to Sachiko. Yuka had thrown the doll in her direction, which she noticed immediately. She tilted her head, and picked it up.

"Mommy...?" Whimpered Sachiko.

--

Sakutaro Morishige's P.O.V

Mayu...?

My vision darkened. I had no idea what was happening. All I could see was Mayu's ghost flashing through my head...

She's dead...I knew that for sure. I just thought Shinozaki was lying, because she was lost and we had no time to find her or wanted the risk.

But now it was certain.

I had seen her ghost. And I was sure I had seen her just before the hallway was blocked.

I couldn't hear anything, except for an annoying, dull ringing. It was gradually growing louder as every second of my insane blind trance continued. I wanted to scream, rip my hair out. My head was throbbing, and I could hear my heart pumping wildly. Apparently all the nerves in my body had stopped working, for all I could feel was nothing around me. I was lost inside myself.

Grief suddenly took over. Mayu...she's not with me...I would die and live in eternal pain if I could just be with her. I would kill somebody. Anything...

"...ig...nii..." The ringing paused for a minute. My agony stopped with it. I could barely recognize who had spoken. It was the same sweet and kind tone that was unmistakable for Mayu.