Forward

BEFORE YOU CONTINUE

If you're thinking of reading this then I strongly insist that you look up the AO3 version. All the editing I've done and am doing for this story happen there first, plus there's more media linking and author's notes sharing too (and me being far more likely to give replies to comments).

This story is complete and by now I've even caught up on the editing, but like...why would you choose to stay here I ask.

Well. To each their own. And correction on the above point - I most likely will reply to all comments, because I'm disturbingly meticulous like that.

This story can be found on:

Wattpad - you're reading it now

Archiveofourown - username "gigilberry"

Fanfiction.net - username "gigilberry"

Tumblr - username "gigilberry-wips"

And if you aren't reading this story on any of the above mentioned websites, then this story has been plagiarised and you're on the wrong platform for it.

If anyone has any questions or just wants to stop by and chat, then you can often find me on Tumblr, either on my WIP blog "gigilberry-wips" or my main blog "gigilberry".

Below I have listed the Houses that I've sorted the kids into and my reasoning for why I've chosen as such. But if you don't want that spoilered to you, then you are more than free to skip it. Happy reading!

Disclaimer: All of the borrowed characters, Hiccup, Rapunzel, Merida, Jack, other Disney, Pixar, Dreamworks, Sony, etc. characters, belong to their respective franchises. The world of Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling. Any and all other things mentioned in the story are from the author's own imaginings and cannot be plagiarized or distributed, for profit or otherwise, under any circumstances. Any resemblance elements of the story hold to real life people, places, businesses, organisations, incidents, events, etc. are purely coincidental. All rights reserved.

.°○.♤.○°.

So! For the starring cast, we have:

Merida - Slytherin

Because she is literally a textbook Slytherin. She is ruthless and ambitious. She is smart and sharp and more than willing to break a few rules to get things going her way. Most of all, she values her freedom of will and freedom to choose above all else and will work relentlessly towards getting what she wants by any means necessary. This includes both for her own personal gain and for safeguarding her loved ones.

Rapunzel - Ravenclaw

Because she is creative and clever and overwhelmingly curious. She has an extensive imagination and she learns and creates for the sheer joy of doing it, always looking forward to re-imagining and re-shaping the world she lives in. She constantly questions what she knows and values being authentic and unique and true to oneself above all else.

Hiccup - Hufflepuff

Because even with his wit and cunning and bravery, he pours all of that into selflessness and compassion and sacrifice. Because even when he is given the choice to rise to fame, to do what so many others before him would've done in a heartbeat, he still chooses the hardest path just so he can protect those who no one would care to protect. He is the kind of person who'll fight for what's right even if no one will remember him and he has to fight alone. He will never abandon those who need him most.

Jack - Gryffindor

Because although he is prone to mischief and a slight bit arrogance, at his core he is brave, noble-hearted, and genuinely kind. His high in life is in making other people happy, his joy comes from sharing that happiness with them. No matter what other options he is presented with, even if they would serve his personal gains better, he always chooses to do what's right and will side with his friends no matter the odds. Whatever situation he's in, he ultimately takes it as his duty and responsibility to protect and look after the vulnerable.

Only canon pairings will occur in this book series, so apologies in advance to Jackunzel, Merricup, Jerida, Hiccunzel, Hijack, and Meripunzel shippers. ^^"