Chapter Sixteen-Samson

Finally.

I shift, removing my weight off Delilah as I kiss her. She's a surprisingly easy response to my actions. Her hands move up my back, sliding underneath my shirt. Her hands are icy, but they feel good against my warm back. She lets loose a little moan that gets me more excited than anything. I glance over at my bedside table--a Trojan condom, unwrapped, is there. But do I really plan on using it? And what if Delilah isn't a virgin?

I've taken it for granted at this point that it would be me. I don't know why, but I feel like she's this inexperienced little girl, but she doesn't kiss like she hasn't been kissed before.

The thought of somebody else touching her makkes me angry. I break our kiss, glaring at the guy who gave her her first kiss. She blinks, her eyes wide and dazed, and her hands quickly retreat from my back. "Okay," she says, trying to wriggle from underneath me.

I don't move. "Are you a virgin?"

She blinks again, this time really slowly like she doesn't understand the question. "Are you askin' if I've ever had sexual relations with someone else?" She sounds extremely uncomfortable, and her face is turning really red for a black girl. The way she words the question gives me my answer.

"It's a 'yes' or 'no' question, Delilah," I say gently, rubbing my thumb across her swollen bottom lip. Her hair spreads across my pillow, and I have a feeling I won't be able to sleep tonight. I wonder if Sarah will let me sleep with her in her Dora bed tonight?

She clenches her jaz shut. "Why does it matter?"

She's defensive and angry, and I definitely don't want that. I sit up, straddling her beneath me. I see the front of her bra through her white school shirt. She has a bra that claspes in the front. Huh. I barely resist the urge to reach underneath her shirt and unhook it. "It doesn't. I'm just asking."

"Oh." She doesn't offer an explantion, but she shivers. "It's cold now."

I sigh. I'm hungry anyway, and giving her a pair of my old football sweats will be extremely sexy. I climb off of her, heading towards my closet. "Here you go," I say, tossing her my favorite pair--big on me and black, warm as hell.

She catches them, then glances down at her clothes. "Turn around."

I lean against the door frame, arms crossed, watching her with a smirk. "Not until you answer my question."

Her mouth quirks into a small grin. A playful twinkle arrives in her eyes. "What? You worried about the guy that got to touch this?" she asks, slowly peeling off her shirt. My breath catches in my throat at the sight of her slender, flat stomach, and her blue belly button ring. The sight of that lace bra, and the way she fills it out, sends my heart into spastic poundings. She arches her eyebrow, pulling the sweatshirt over her head.

I glare at her. "Who was it?"

She winks. "Shouldn't matter," she says lightly, her voice teasing and airy as she drops her skirt. From her ankles to her waist, her body is perfectly curved and amazing. My fists curl. I wish she was about two steps closer. She slowly pulls the pants up, and then rolls them over so they don't fall off of her.

"You know, you didn't have to take your school clothes off to put on the sweats," I say, happy she did. I've never seen anything sexier in my life.

She grins wider. "Oh, but I did," she says, walking towards me with the sexiest look in her eyes. She stops right in front of me, looking at me with a shy, but definitely sexy expression. "Oh, and by the way, the answer is no."

I try to hide the fact that I'm more than slightly happy at that. "Why?"

She gives me a confused look. "Um because I didn't like anybody enough?"