Drabble 30 - Confession

Last part of 'that' mini-series.

Confession

He has no intention to snoop around but Xi Ze's IG post made him lost his cool.

Looks like Xi Ze had brought Yue to watch the sunset by the bay, which was near to where he was at the moment. He knew where their exact location was, thanks to the store sign caught on the leftmost part of the picture.

He couldn't believe Xi Ze would do this to him.

He couldn't let go of her without a fight!

He ran as fast as he could while trying to find a taxi or a grab bike. He was still a few kilometers away to his destination. He might be too late already, but he couldn't afford not trying.

It was then that he saw a grab bike driver that was just about to leave.

"Hey, Sir! Please! Please stop! Please help me!"

The middle-aged man was startled as he took in the young man currently running out of breath.

"How can I help you, young man?"

"Sir, I will pay you a 100-yuan, just bring me to the bay right now. I could no longer run. I need to be there now. Right now. Please, I'm begging you."

He put his hands together and raises them above his head as he bowed down to beg.

"Handsome boy, no need for drama. Let's go!"

He took the helmet and wears it fast as he sits behind the driver.

The bike braved the traffic and in a matter of minutes he was already in the area.

They were still at the pier. His friend was standing beside a shorter girl wearing a red beret and a sailor collared dress, his hand on her shoulder. They were facing the sunset and were not aware of his presence.

Since when could Xi Ze touched her like this?

He walked fast towards the couple that he almost hit a bystander.

"Shen Yue!"

The two were about to turn to him, but he saw how Xi Ze tighten his hold on the girl's shoulder, stopping her to look behind them.

Dylan gritted his teeth. There was no way he could back down now.

With a shaky voice, he started to confess.

Even when she couldn't even face him.

"I may be late already, but I just want you to know."

"Xi Ze may be able to give you a good future but so can I. You know how I work hard for things that I want. He was born with a golden spoon while I'm not. But it doesn't mean he was a better choice than I am."

"I will work hard to give you a good future."

"He could buy you anything you want, he could bring you to any place that you want to visit. He could even sing for you."

"But I will do my best to make your dreams come true if we will end up together. I know you don't need material things to please you. But every time I give something to you, all of those have more meaning than what you know."

"Each gift I gave you was simple things that could convey what I couldn't say."

"But I guess it was only right that you hear it from me."

"I had loved you for as long as I remember. I'm not even sure as to when I started to feel more for you, but one thing for sure, when I met you, you already captivated me. From the moment you won my heart, I had only dreamt of you. You and I together someday. When I could already say that I'm successful and can provide for you and for our future together."

"But Xi Ze has always been born ready. He doesn't need to think twice about pursuing a relationship. I could leave this career anytime just for us to be together, but I know you wouldn't like that. You know how I fell in love with this profession because of you. Of how you respect the industry and every part of it."

"You made me see things on a wider perspective."

"Xi Ze may have a higher social rating. You don't have to think of anything or worry, even I will accept that he was a good man. And yes, he deserves you, too."

"But Shen Yue, he could never love you like I do."

He has to close his eyes as a tear escaped. He was shaking. Yes, he was afraid.

But she has to know.

A voice behind him made all the hair at the back of his head rise.

"Wang He Di."

As white as ghost, he slowly opened his eyes to see Xi Ze and Jia Qi smiling at him.

No. They were not smiling.

They were smirking at him.

With calculated slowness, he took his time as he turns around to face the one who called him.

There she was, in her a touch of purple windbreaker and black tights, with her Nike shoes, her camera laced securely around her neck.

And her eyes looking shy but happy.

He met her gaze and felt as if a current passed by inside the veins and arteries of his heart.

She could always make him breathless.

He lost his tongue and couldn't feel his knees.

Did he just really confess?

"Yue. He was still in shock. Be kind," said Jia.

"I think we're done with our purpose here. I'll leave him to you, Yue. Return him to me in one piece, okay? And don't ever break him. I love him too much more than I love you," said Xi Ze.

The pair went off their way, leaving the other two still standing motionless a few feet from each other.

"Didi."

Her voice would always be the sound of an angel.

"Let's have dinner."

She grabbed his hand and literally dragged him away from the wooden dock.

"Shen Yue."

He has to ask.

She raised her eyes to meet him.

"Did you hear everything I said?"

He felt how her fingers intertwined with his.

She smiled softly. "I did."

He was still anxious. "And?"

She tightens her hold on his hand.

"The feeling is mutual."

--

He brought her to the hotel where she and Jia were staying for the night before real life catches up with all of them come the following day.

"I need to hear it, too."

She was trying to be cool about it, but the pounding of her heart was already painful.

He has to hear her say it.

She could do this. He was a wonderful man and it was only fair.

Baring her heart and soul, she met his waiting eyes.

"I love you, too."

--

Jia has been asleep already for a while, but she was still awake.

Guess she has to get used to how passionate he is when he kisses her.

It was already way past midnight but the feel of his lips on hers was still sending her electric shock.

A handsome boyfriend who happens to be a good kisser.

A wonderful, kind-hearted and a good man.

Yes. The gods indeed blessed her waiting.

'Funny how CaiSi transcended reality.'

End

P1 - Advise

P2 - All is Fair in Love and War

P3 - Confession