Drabble - Hero

A/N: Xiao Xi and Jia Shu verse.

--

Thursday came and finally Chen Jiashu was almost done with his exams. He was very glad when his professor in Humanities informed him that he would be exempted from his Friday class if the senior will watch over the professor's sophomore class instead, as the older man has some errands to do. Jiashu graciously accepted the offer. There is no harm in watching over a bunch of youngsters, right?

It didn't occur to him how unnerving it is to be scrutinized by younger people. Especially when few were bold enough to praise him.

"Cheng-qianbei, if you will smile at me, I'm sure I will get a perfect score today."

"Cheng-qianbei, I wonder if you will look more handsome if you will remove your eyeglasses."

"Cheng-qianbei, I thought I already have seen all the finest male specie in this university. I was wrong. Where have you been?"

"Cheng-qianbei, are you looking for a girlfriend right now?"

Even the boys were openly admiring him. Jiashu is aware that he has a nice bone structure, beautiful visuals and height, but he still finds it uneasy when people blush when they looked at him.

For him, beauty is subjective. That is why he doesn't concern himself that much when it comes to aesthetics.

In order to calm down the classroom, he reminded the students that the earlier they could finish the exam, the more free time they could enjoy the afternoon sun.

"Focus and ace the exam. If you find me as a distraction, I will gladly leave the classroom and wait for you outside."

Of which the students refused.

"Let us all be quiet and be inspired with how good-looking our senior is," the class president offered.

And so, the afternoon passed by in comfortable silence.

He collected the papers after and went to see his professor in the faculty room.

"Thank you for this, Cheng Jiashu."

He politely had bowed to his teacher before he took his leave. He spent the rest of the day in the library. He was finally relieved that the exam week is almost over. And he was glad with how he was faring up.

It was already evening when Cheng Jiashu went to see Lin Yu Tang. In return for the lovely dinner his best friend prepared for him, he helped with the closing of the coffee shop.

After placing the chairs on top of each table, he grabbed the mop to clean the floor while Lin Yu Tang ties up the cash register. The lingering pleasant aroma of coffee soothed the weariness of his brain cells.

"Would you like to drop by tomorrow after your class? We can grab some beer and see Yang Zi An."

"Yes. Let's have a sleep-over in his place," he answered.

He has a free afternoon, and they haven't seen their friend for the last two weeks. Yang Zi An is studying in a prominent university located on the other side of the city. Their rich friend is taking his business course in the morning and his afternoons are dedicated in training to become a tea master just like the rest of his family. Poor Yang Zi deserves a break.

Unlike his friends who have to take over their family businesses, Jiashu is gearing up to enter IBM after he completed his degree. His parents were supportive of his decision.