(spoilers) Corrupted Spinel

Not gonna lie, this was super fun to draw lol

Spoiler content ahead

------

So obviously I couldn't help myself and did a concept art (this is 2.0) the first one is way less...fun.
But here she is! Corrupted Spinel approximately part 6 chapter 5-7

So for folks who have read so far 1. Hope you like it!
2. I'm gonna explain how I think corruption works.

In this specific story, corruption has generally the same effect on gems, but the way it works is like a virus, computer malware so to speak. It stars pretty small and then builds up until you can't function.
The virus is the "noise" of the corruption song, the vibrations of the soundwaves affect the gem and the sound is imprinted on their poor little brains.

For those of you wondering how the corruption song was applied to the scythe; the song itself is recorded, it isn't as potent at the diamonds doing it right in front of you, but still works.
The rejuvenator had the sound chip on a part of the blade that would take most of the damage, this allows it to not affect the weilder, but it makes it incredibly fragile due to vibrations from the noise as well as any trauma to the blade; more or less a one hit wonder.

The scythe that Bismuth made isn't made the same way the rejuvenator is, so it can take more damage, downside; the vibration of the corruption song travels down the shaft of the scythe and affects the weilder (if they use that function for too long.)

The sound itself is literally indescribable, but after you have been affected by it too long, it lingers; and everytime you use the weapon on that setting it amplifies the virus you already have.
Which quickens the rate of corruption.

Hope you liked that little explanation. I'll come back and add a chapter just for the scythe and rejuvenator when the time comes.