Chapter 1: 'Shyer'

Q- What's your hidden talent?

A- Apart from typing with my pinky finger under my ring finger (which everyone finds weird) I can write a story quickly if you throw a a topic at me or by observing strangers. I guess that's a talent.

Typed 29/09/2019
Chapter 1: 'Shyer'

His steps came to an abrupt halt at the sound of someone's laughter echoing from the upper side of the house. Curiosity gets the better of him to put a face to these multiple laughters he could hear but needless to say he drops it at the back of his head once his elder brother Kiaan rests his hand heavily on his younger and only brother Dhruv's shoulder.

Dhruv looks at him with a sly smile. "Tensed?" He asks.

Kiaan gives him a raised eyebrow challenging look, proving he's not tensed at all. "Why'd I be tensed?" Kiaan was more of a confident brother compared to Dhruv.

Not that Dhruv wasn't but he was the kind of guy who was sweet and couldn't break your heart. His presence speaks care and gentleness.

Perhaps it wasn't even the lack of confidence but shyness after all.

Dhruv gives a major eye roll in disbelief and a bored look seeing his elder brother's over confidence before slacking his body down, his brothers hand only falling back onto his shoulder, increasing the heavyness. "Of course. I forgot I'm talking to Kiaan Rajput."

"Roger that." His brother laughs before walking behind his parents, leaving Dhruv behind on his own.

It was October twenty-fifth today. Twenty eighteen. The whole family of five—parents, two brothers and one younger sister—arrived from New York few days ago to bring a marriage proposal for Jaanvi. She was the daughter of Ansh Ahuja, Dhruv's parents college friends and his one and only child.

Standing outside the Ahuja house brought in some old memories. Dhruv remembers his brother spending half of his holidays or general free time coming up with excuses to stay with Jaanvi, though he never admitted he liked her in anyway.

They called each other Enemy. He seems happy to tie the knot with his Enemy. Anyone could tell his brother wasn't worried at all with the alliance. In fact he looked rather excited to be a married man.

Dhruv gives one last look at the windows in the upper part of the house—sensing someone's gaze on him—but found no one so he carried on walking, being the last one to greet Ansh.

He hugged the Mute man with warm heart, admiring how strongly he's raised his daughter—my soon to be sister-in-law—and gently wraps his hands around his stick thin frame before pulling away and meeting his caring eyes.

Ansh moves his hands up and down at Dhruv, meaning, 'look at you, you've grown up.' Dhruv laughs, nodding happily with a kind smile. You'd be an idiot to not understand what Ansh was meaning through his actions and expressions.

Everyone had grown up. The last time the Rajput family were in India Dhruv was fifteen. And now he was soon-to-be twenty-five in a month. Ten whole years of not seeing all these familiar faces.

They all seat on the couches. Talking, laughing, remembering the old days as they discussed about their respective work places, throughout Ansh was using Sign Language which Roshini and Raj, Dhruv's parents could understand since their early twenties.