Chapter 36

Hello beautiful people... 💜🤗
How are you..??

I had 3 days off until my next exam and I got bored... so... just ended up writing this chapter instead... 😅

I actually planned to update if it reach 20k before Jimin's birthday... but... 😅 here I am...

But thank you so much for 19.6k reads...
Hope you'll like this chapter...

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"It was because... because I have someone really special who used to called me with that name. I love it when he calls me with that name and I don't want anyone else to call me that... except for him."

Jungkook widen his eyes at Taehyung's words with shock.
What does he mean he have someone else who calls him Tae? It was clearly him who gave him that nickname and he was the only one who use that name. Does Taehyung remember him? But he doesn't seem to. He would have told him and screamed how much he miss him if he did. Or... did he found someone else when he was not around and called him with that name? And he still has feelings for that person?
All these thoughts were revolving inside his head as his eyes glued at Taehyung with a curious yet nervous look trying to figure out what actually he might mean.

Taehyung suddenly grabbed Jungkook's hand and dragged him towards a tiny room which was attached to Taehyung's room.
When they entered the room Jungkook dropped his jaw as his eyes roamed through the room. It was filled with different beautiful paintings did by Taehyung.
He could see some of them are pretty old with really sad meanings which was clear that that's how Taehyung might have felt when he painted them. And some new ones looked pretty cheerful with enthusiastic meanings which showed Taehyung might felt happier by that time.
Jungkook was amazed at the masterpieces inside the small dark room which was created by another masterpiece from God.
His mind came back to reality when Taehyung dragged him towards a corner and let him stand in front of a huge canvas which was covered by a white cloth. He gave a questioning look at Taehyung who took a step forward towards the canvas.

Taehyung took a deep breath and took out the white cloth covering the convas revealing a beautifully painted picture.
But... Jungkook almost dropped his heart on the ground when his eyes landed on the painting. He couldn't believed his own eyes. It was a painting of Jungkook himself but with a face when he was only 5 years old.
Then... that means... Taehyung remember him..? Is Taehyung trying  to say that he knows who he was ? Why would he draw his face and why would he show it to him if Taehyung have forgotten about him?
Jungkook stared back to Taehyung whose eyes were fixed at the painting while his long fingers traced through the canvas in front of him.

"He was the one who gave me that name."
Taehyung slowly spoke up with a soft smile, eyes never leaving the painting.
"He was the only person whom I trust the most. He was really a shy cute little bunny who was always there for me whenever I cried, he would always give me the warmest hug whenever I needed one. But..." Taehyung let out a big sigh, "He left me... alone."

Jungkook could feel his heart clenching when he heard those words from Taehyung. That means... Taehyung really do remember him? But Jin said he had forgotten everything, then how did he remember the whole thing? He wanted to asked him how but he decided to hear him out so he just stared at Taehyung silently

"I used to called him Kookie but I can't remember his real name. Actually... I've already forgotten everything about him. But when I was 14, I found a picture of me and him in Jin Hyung's room while searching for something. That's when I started to recalled every single memories of him. But I could see how Jin hyung was all worried for me and tried his best to let me forget about him just to help me get rid of my trauma, I just decided to hide the fact that I can remember everything so that he won't be worried about me anymore because he'll surely come to know how much I would miss him and that will make him even more miserable. He still thinks that I don't remember anything and I can see how relieved he looks."
Tears started oozing from the corner of Taehyung's eyes.
"Honestly... I miss him. Every single day. I waited for him. I waited these whole years thinking that he would show up one day and give me the warmest hug he always used to give me before. I started to miss him even more but he never came back to me. I wanted to see him. So I painted his face. As far as I can remember, he looked like this. But whenever I had a hard time, I would talk to Jimin or to this painting of him. It's funny how this simple painting gives me a lot of strength. It always listen to my stories without any complaints just like the real him did and I still feel so much relief after letting out my worries to it. I don't even know how he might look by now. He might be a grown up man by now. Wherever he is right now, I just hope he's really doing fine. I still wonder if he still remember me like I do... Would he still care for me like he always used to if he ever show up?"
Taehyung let out another sigh.
"All these things were haunting me everyday... until you came to my life. I don't know why but you really reminds me of him everytime I look at you. I must me crazy to even think like this way but whenever I'm with you, you just made me forget about everything, I feel like I'm in another world where there's no worries. You really filled up the emptiness in my heart that I always endure alone all these times... And the reason I freaked out that day when you called me 'Tae' was because it made me remember about him again. I was too shocked to hear that name again. Maybe I haven't recovered too well but it really struck me hard to hear it from someone else. It may be a selfish thing but I really don't want anyone to call me with that name other than him. I don't know why but I really feel like that name is really special and only belonged to him. So, I hope you understand it. And I... I can't forget him that easily. It's really hard to forget someone I adore the most. I do still love him. But--"