Chapter 18

"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we're arranged for a special treat," FG announced. Margo stayed in her seat as the VK's walked up to their parents, who were on the monitor.

"I don't see anything nor do I hear," Maleficent spoke as she tried to figure out their end of things.

"Press enter," Jafar attempted to help.

"Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, it's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip-oh!" Maleficent exclaimed, signaling she'd figured it out.

EQ spoke up next, "Evie, it's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent commented, annoyed.

"Weeds don't grow in trees, idiot," Margo mumbled underneath her breath, yet somehow Maleficent heard her.

"And who are you?"

Margo walked up to the group, "Margo Beast, and you must be Maleficent."

"Beast? You look absolutely nothing like your parents. And clearly not as smart either, considering you just called the Mistress of Evil an idiot."

Cruella cut in before Margo could respond, "Ooh! Who's the old bat?"

"This is Fairy Godmother," Mal answered.

"Still doing tricks with egg plants?" Maleficent teased.

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage," FG became defensive.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella til 1am? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?"

"They were mice! They were not, they were mice," FG stuttered as she walked away.

"Thank you so much. Thank you," Mal said, "hi mom."

"Mal! I m-m-miss you," EQ had to give her a slap on the back of the head for her to even get the words out.

"You children are never far from our thoughts!" Jafar piped in.

"How long must mommy wait to see you?" Maleficent questioned, anxious to get the wand.

"Um, there's a big coronation coming up. I think sometime probably after that."

"When?" Maleficent asked, almost yelling.

"Friday, 10am."

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do if I don't get my hands on that magic wan-you! You, you little nugget that I love so much!"

Mal knew her mom didn't really care for her, she just wanted the wand. "Yes, I completely understand mother."

Cruella then noticed her son for the first time, "Carlos, is that a dog? Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs."

Carlos had gained a lot of confidence since moving to Auradon and stood up to his mom, "he's the perfect size for a pet. This dog loves me, and I love him. And fyi, your dog is stuffed! So give it a rest!"

"Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar laughed.

"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" Cruella yelled.

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones."

"Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors!" Jay turned off the monitor before they could say anything else.

"I'm so sorry," FG apologized. She hadn't realized this might not go well.

"Thanks for the special treat," Jay said, appreciative that she was thinking about them.

"Of course," she said as the group walked away.

Margo said goodbye to everyone before walking away in the other direction towards her next class.