Ch. 1

Ch. 1

The cool breeze hits Y/N's face as she watches the view in front of her.

Another day of work had come yet again and honestly it was starting to bore Y/N more than she could ever imagine.

The view was the same, a cafe located at the top of a booming city building. The sounds of coffee being poured into cups, the smell of freshly baked croissants being made and showcased by the dessert vendor at the counters. It was calming. Too calming.

Not that Y/N minded or anything- she just wished her life was spicier than her regular day to day job. Everyday she starts the day by sweeping or mopping the floors of the cafe when the shop had just opened at 7:00a.m. in the morning. Then she fixates the chairs if they had somehow moved from the night before (Some staffs worked overtime to do extra paperwork.). Not long after she arrives her colleagues and other waitresses would arrive too and help prepare anything else. Chefs and bakers stroll in and start preparing the morning breakfast, regular customers start to pour in and then the day would start.

That's how her days always started.

And today was no exception either. Since the lunch hour madness had just ended the staff were finally able to catch their breaths. Y/N continued to gaze down at the view. How could a view so wonderful feel so boring? But that was probably because she was working. Not too long after she felt a tap on her shoulder only to be greeted by the friendly smile of her long term best friend, Changbin. He smiles at her holding two mugs of hot coco in his hands, "Seems like someone could use a drink." he says with a toothy grin. Y/N chuckles and takes the mug out of his hand, nodding a thanks.

"How'd you know I was feeling moody?" she asks him as she takes a sip of the hot coco, the warmth immediately calming her down and protecting her from the cool spring breeze.

Changbin situates himself beside her, leaning against the railings and taking a sip as well, "Why wouldn't I? I've known you since we both basically learned how to walk! And you're here wondering how I noticed you were upset? I feel truly upset." Changbin responds dramatically as he puts a hand to his chest.

Typical Changbin.

Y/N raises an arm up in defeat and laughs, "Alright alright I get it!" she says as she waves him off. The two remained in comfortable silence. This was nothing unsual though, even though Changbin is usually a really loud person, the two enjoyed the silence when they were together as it gave them both time to think or daydream.

Truth be told however, Y/N was actually really grateful towards Changbin and is extremely glad that she has him for a best friend. Growing up with Changbin helped shape her into the person she is today. She remembers the memories the two have made during their childhood, like the time Y/N comforted Changbin back in Kindergarten when the other boys were bullying him for having a pastel pink backpack. They even broke his coloured pencils. She remembers the day like it was only yesterday: