Chapter 19.

Chapter 19.

            I woke up and stretched my body out, the beeping from the alarm had already been shut up by David and his crazy fast reflexes.

            “You ok now?” David asked pulling me up onto his chest and kissing my hair lightly.

            “Yeah?” My voice full of confusion.

            “You had a nightmare…” He reminded me, oh… it all came back to me then and I stiffened. “Want to talk about it?” Could I really tell him he can’t give me what I want?

            “I need some time to think…” I told him almost regretfully as I sat up to look at him, he froze then, hurrying to hide his emotions he pulled on his blank face. “I’m not saying anything, I just want some time to think…” I didn’t know how to reassure him, I couldn’t tell him I’m not breaking up with him because what if that’s the conclusion I come to after my thinking? I bent down and kissed his cheek lightly before pushing myself up off of the mattress. “I better get to school…”

            “I can feel what you’re feeling Sky, why are you so confused?” His eyes were the only part of him that gave away his emotions; those beautiful green eyes were filled with worry. My forehead crumpled with confusion.

            “I-I... I just need some time on my own David, GOD!” I huffed and stormed to the bathroom quickly, slamming the door behind me in frustration. As soon as the door the tears flowed from my eyes down my cheeks, I walked to the mirror and watched myself cry through the blur of the tears.

            “Sky, just please…” He went silent for a few seconds. I heard his hand slide down the other side of the door, I looked at it as if he was about to break in, he could if he wanted so it wasn’t a completely insane idea. He sighed deeply. I was blocking out his emotions, when I let them in they crippled me, he was so worried, so sad!

            “I’m fine.” I sniffed trying to wipe my eyes as I pushed his emotions out again.

“Sky, I can feel how you feel! I just wish  I knew what you were thinking that would make you feel so confused and upset. I want to make it better. If you go off to think I’ll only be able to feel your emotions, the more I feel the more I worry.” I don’t think he could push emotions away, block them out, maybe it’s just a witch thing. He had a point.

“I need to clear my head.”

“You can’t do that in school.” He pointed out. I unlocked the door, he was staring down at me. I walked into his arms, feeling safe when he wrapped his arms around me.

“Take me somewhere, take me away David.” I sighed, I felt so at home in his arms, it felt so right, but I couldn’t shift last night’s nightmare from my mind.

            “Anywhere.” He told me, his hands comforted me sliding up and down my back gently. “I’d go anywhere as long as it’s with you.” An idea hit me.

            “My parents have a, I mean, had a beach house. Well, it’s mine now, I rent it out, I say I, I mean my lawyer rents it out, but it’s empty this month!”

            “Then I’ll take you there, for as long as you need. Get packing.”

            “Really?” I stood back so I could look up at him, he smiled sweetly at me and nodded. I reached my hand up to his face then slid it to his shoulder so I could balance myself as I tip toed up to kiss his smile. “I love your smile.” I told him as I lingered against his lips.