one ; meiwon and university approvals

never did liu meixiang get dragged into what would be: the worst terrible spot in her freshman year. nor did any of us know what made her change her name to her current one - han lei zhei was really an alright name, but it was her choice. the girl never knew what lead to her being in the worst spot in her year, much less was she clueless. 

it all start with her working in la vie in rose cafe with her friend, kim chaewon, who sat on top of the counter, scrolling through her phone while meixiang had sat on one of the chairs. sitting? i meant she was slouching in her chair. it was closing hours, but the two decided to linger around longer.

"hmm.. hey harumaki." chaewon's soft voice sounded around the quiet atmosphere of the cafe. the nickname that she gave her seemed odd, but special. her other nickname would have to revolve around her real name.

"yeah chae?" the girl would respond back as she scrolled rapidly through her phone, but looked up afterwards after not hearing a respond afterwards. she noticed the sincere smile that chaewon gave towards her and how her eyes turned to crescents if she kept smiling.

chaewon gave a small sigh, before peeking at her phone, then putting it back towards her chest. she messed with her orange bangs for a moment and responded, "do you know if you got into your dream university?"

the sudden question sent meixiang bolting straight up into her seat and looking at her acceptance letter on her phone. smiling to herself, she stood up and walked over to chaewon who also stood up.

"alright on the count of three." meixiang said and nodded, as so did chaewon.

both girls put their hands over each other's eyes, putting their phones in front of each other's faces.

"three...two...one!" they yelled simultaneously and took their hands off each other's eyes. it was a comfortable silence as they looked at each other's acceptance letters, smiling. chaewon's was probably the biggest out of the duo's and both girls engulfed each other into the biggest hugs ever.

"harumaki!"

"chae!"

"i can't believe you got in!" both girls said at the same time, before laughing.

"you got into shenzai university! how does it feel to be in an elite school? what are you majoring? you're so lucky!" chaewon bombarded her with questions at such a fast pace.

"uh- it feels weird, but i'm glad i got into my dream school. i might major in music, my parents do encourage me to do so, since i'm great at piano...that's what they said though," meixiang laughed awkwardly, before earning a playful slap from chaewon.

"shut up, you're great at it! don't miss me too much at shenzai though, besides we work here together." chaewon joked as she gave her fellow best friend her smile. meixiang returned that smile.

"would you look at the time? gotta go home, see ya chae!" meixiang grabbed her things and fled the cafe, earning a big wave from chaewon.

"bye, bye harumaki!" she yelled, waving brightly.

...

meixiang attempted to sneak into her home as she carefully opened the door, slid in and closed it. as usual her parents sat there, blinking at her cluelessly. the girl stood up straight, blowing her brown bangs out of her eyes as she walked towards her parents.

"hi mom, hi step-dad." she'd say to them.

"hello daughter, how's work? how's chaewon? did you talk? did you get accepted into university? if so, which one?" her parents asked her at the same time. so many questions, she would tell her herself.

"work was alright, chaewon is great, yes we talked a lot, yes i got accepted into university and i got accepted into shenzai university." meixiang responded to all of their questions in a fast pace, with a smile on her face.

hearing the name of the university made the jaws of her parents drop, only to leave their daughter in such a clueless manner.

"you two good? should i call the hosp-"

"you got into shenzai?!?!? the elite school?!?!?" her mom asked her so loudly.

"keep your voice down!! and yes i did," she responded rather happily.

"my step-daughter has grown up, you made us proud," her step-dad said. "your step-brother han can't relate, but don't tell him i said that."

meixiang laughed a little, before her mother glanced at the clock. "silly girl, go sleep now, you'll be heading tomorrow."

she nodded in response and went straight to her room. as she closed the door to her room, she sighed happily and fell onto her bed looking up at the ceiling.

wow i did good in my life, best better give me an award that i didn't procrastinate this time.

and she was out.