prologue

The ripping pain fails to subside in her chest as everything begins to grow cold. Blood soaks her clothes, gushing over one side of her face, but a sweet name rests on her lips—never to be spoken.
Perhaps, this would be the end of her misery. The euphoria she was promised would never come, and now, she would only be stuck waiting for eternity. Though, she could say she experienced just a little peace, a fragment even. After all, in her last moments, she was with him. Yet just as everything she ever loved died, she would too.

He lays himself next to her, he breathes. She does not. He feels the cold too, but only because the misery of a world without her could only welcome him with the icy stares of all eyes that were not her own.
He holds her, sitting up in an attempt to salvage whatever is left.
"This isn't what you deserved." He cries, tremors of the deepest agony ripples from his throat. He screams into the air, as if she could hear. Even now, it falls upon deaf ears.

"You deserved everything you ever dreamed of, anything in the world."

The man moves slowly with his creaking bones as his fingers tangle with hers as she lay there, three-fourths-dead. Farther behind them, is a body that is now unidentifiable, with a face bruised and bludgeoned so severely the skin had been overpowered by different shades of reds and purples. This had been the man's work, as revenge for what Gienne's murderer had done to her. By his standards, those who hurt the innocent did not deserve to live. What a coincidence, in these circumstances.

— ☁︎ —

The following content contains sensitive topics like heavy implications of domestic violence, murder, mental illness and other things of the like. Viewer discretion is advised.
You have been warned.
Thank you for reading <3
-takoyyo
ʕʔ