November Flash Fiction Contest - CLOSED

NOTE: I'm no longer running this contest. Have fun reading the winning stories!!!

Please make sure you have reviewed the CONTEST RULES chapter so that you understand how this contest works.  As a recap, below you will receive a writing prompt.  Write a very brief story (2000 characters or less, which equals about 350 words) based on this prompt and send it to me in a PM by Sunday November 30th (that's right, you've got a whole month this time!).  Your entire story should fit in one Private Message.  Please also comment on this chapter with the name of your story so that I can verify that I've accounted for all of November's entries.

Don't be shy!  Everyone is welcome to participate regardless of age or writing experience.  If you've submitted previously, I urge you to enter again.

A guest judge will score the entries and determine the top stories.  A grand prize winner and runner(s)-up will be announced sometime in December.

Note: The Fold series is written in third person present tense.  While you are welcome to stick to this style, do not feel obligated to do so.  Write in past or present tense, first, second or third person—whatever strikes you as the best way to present your story.  Find your own voice and have fun!

NOVEMBER PROMPT:

Note: if you haven't read UNSEEN yet, this prompt contains a bit of a spoiler--something that won't make much sense until you have read it.  Proceed with caution.

 The prompt this month is very simple: WRITE WHAT HAPPENS AFTER.

That's right, I'm leaving it up to you and your splendid imaginations.  Read (or re-read) the ending of UNSEEN and then imagine a scene beyond this ending.  It could be between Clara and Nolan B, or perhaps Nolan A as he journeys to Canada.  It could take place moments after UNSEEN ends, or days, weeks, or years later.  For those of you who have read UNHEEDED, do not be afraid to bring in elements or characters from that story if it serves your purpose. 

It's really up to you, guys and gals. Remember, this is your last opportunity.  Go for it!!!