four

"So... we're good now?" Eleven asked nervously. She needed to make sure the redheaded Zoomer was her friend now.
Max smiled lightly at her.
"Yeah, we're good," she replied happily. Max couldn't believe she finally made a girl friend. She always hung around with boys, and now this mysterious girl showed up in her life.
To be her friend.
El smiled back at her. She looked really happy and Max noticed that. She noticed it because the brunette doesn't really smile often, but when she does, she shines.
The two kept on lingering gazes at each other without even noticing they were. Until they heard three loud knocks on the wooden door that separated the two girls from the world.
"Hey lovebirds, we're back!"
Both girls looked up in shock, not expecting Lucas to make so much noise from all of a sudden. Before they can answer, Lucas opens the door. He smiles brightly, his white teeth exposed. Max wonders why he's smiling so big.
"So? How are you two doing?" He asks, still smiling. He looks way too happy in Max's opinion. Probably because the only two girls in their party finally exchanged some words.
El looked at the redhead, not really knowing what to respond to the dark-haired boy.
Max noticed and responded immediately to her boyfriend's question.
"We're good," she replied with a grumpy tone.
"Great! So can we finally go to Scoops with all the six members of the Party?"
"Didn't you guys just went there?"
"So? We can go again, right?"
Lucas winked at Max which made her roll her eyes. It was supposed to be a cute-boyfriend-sign but that didn't make Max less moody.
In fact, it made it worse.
Max looked at Eleven, who was looking at the floor. But now knowing the redhead was looking at her, she sat straight up and looked her in the eye. She wasn't paying attention to the two others, and she felt like they knew.
"W-What?" She asked innocently.
"Nothing," the Zoomer replied. After she said that,  a painful silence remained. Lucas felt like ruining the silence, but that would ruin Max mood as well. As if that hasn't already. The thought of that made the Ranger laugh a little. He felt eyes looking at him and stopped laughing. As if he had become a crime.
Max was the first to stood up. She had had enough now. Enough of Lucas who destroyed her free day, enough of El who just sat there breathing, doing absolutely nothing wrong.
The redhead walked out of the door, passing her confused boyfriend who was still standing there, in the opening of his bathroom.
"Wait, where are you going, Max?" He questioned.
"Uh, I'm leaving," she said with an annoyed tone. She didn't mean to sound pissed off, but she couldn't help it. It just happened. It always just happens.
"Yeah, I can see that. But why? And where are you going?"
Good question, Max thought to herself. She has no idea where she's going. Away from here, at least.
"I don't know,"
-