Two

My body has been completely numb. My eyes red and puffy from all my crying. I just wanted to cry.  For the past few days, I've been doing nothing but cry. Georgie never came home. I've waited and waited and went out to look for him in the rain and couldn't find him anywhere. Bill and I went around Derry handing out the "Missing Child" poster with Georgie's picture. After a few days, they told me to just face it. Georgie's dead.

I didn't want to believe it. I refuse to believe it. Unless I see Georgie's body I'm still going to search for him. Bill and I have been searching for Georgie whenever we can. Mostly after school. Some of my friends wanted to take me out to get my mind off Georgie and to have fun, but I'll have fun when Georgie is back home and safe in my arms. Why didn't I go with him? Why didn't I go outside with my little brother to play with him?

"This party is going to be so sick," my friend, Stacy said. She was literally talking about Brad's party for days now and won't shut up about it. It was suppose to be a goodbye party for all the seniors but I don't want to go to some lame party. "You're still coming, Jen."

I shook my head. "I don't know. I'm not really up for a party."

Stacy scoffed. "Come on. This is the first time in days since we've seen you." We walked out of the school and I went towards my car. "Listen, Jen. I care about you but people are starting to talk about you."

I heard about the talks. How I'm the loner girl who lost her brother. Or how they think I dragged him and hid him away. Some thought I was nuts or they thought I was turning into some loser looking for nothing.

"Then let them talk," I snapped. "Seriously, Stace. I just want to find Georgie."

"And what if you don't? Are you just going to spend the rest of your life looking for something that might be dead?"

I glared at her. How can she say that? Out of all my friends from school I thought she would understand how much Georgie means to me. Others gave up and presumed him dead. Not me though. I know Georgie is still out there. The storm must have swept him up somehow.

"I'll see you later, Stace," I replied before getting into my car and drove off.

Georgie wasn't the only thing on my mind though. Those yellow eyes have been plagued in my mind since that day. The way they stared right at me. I haven't seen them since that day. I thought it was just a figment of my imagination. I know what I saw. I know I didn't imagine it. Especially the voice that's been calling my name.

I arrived home the same time Billy did. I always offered to pick him up from school so he wouldn't take his bike but he always declines the offer. We've been closer than ever since we've been searching for Georgie. We even made a model of the sewer system with the map from Dad's office. If our mapping was right then we should know where Georgie is. It was the only lead we've got.

"Hi, Dad," I greeted as I entered the garage where he was working on his next furniture piece. My eyes widened when our model of the sewage system was still out. I thought we took it down.

"N - Need some help?" Bill asked as Dad crossed his arms. "We -"

Dad cut him off. "I thought we agreed," he began to scold us. Bill looked over at our model.

"Dad, don't get mad at him," I said as I made our way towards the model. "It was my idea. Bill wanted to help and I let him."

"Jenny."

"Just wait. Just...Just look at this."

I grabbed the small toy soldier from the table and dropped it in one of the tubes. Bill handed me the hose where I sprayed some water. The soldier went down the pipes and went out through one of the two exits we predicted Georgie would come out from. The small tray with the words The Barrons written across from it. If the water was going anywhere it would be there. Maybe that's where Georgie is.