Chapter 3

"The victim was found in her hotel rooms bathroom hanged and brutally beaten.

" A teenage girl was brutally murdered at a Halloween party."

"Teenaged Serienna Williams murdered at a party on Halloween night.

" There was blood everywhere in the bathroom. That showed she put up a desperate fight-"

"You shouldn't be watching this." Joanne's mother said turning off the twlevision. "Honey?" she said uncertainly to Joanne who was just sitting with a traumatized look on her face with the remote in her hand. "Do you want to talk about it?" she asked Joanne but got no answer. "Well you know you can always come to me when your ready to talk." she said leaving Joanne's room.

"No!" Joanne said causing her mother to stop abruptly. "Stay. Please." she practically begged her mother.

Her mother practically ran back towards her bed and climbed in beside her. She began playing with her hair. It always soothed Joanne when she did that.

"She said she'd be right back. And I just let her go. I should've just went with her." Joanne said beginning to cry silently.

"Don't say that." her mother stopped stroking her hair. "It isn't you fault nor Crystal's.

"But it is some bodies. Whoever killed her. Do you think they'll find them?" she asked her mother with a hint of worry.

"Of course. The police will so any thing they can to find that monster." she said beginning to stroke her hair again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joanne woke up from a unswettling sleep to her phone ringing in the middle of the night. She picked up her phone and read the screen.

Crystal

"Hello." She whispered into her phone.

"Hello, why are you whispering." Crystal asked.

"I don't wanna wake my mom up." she whispered.

"You too scared to sleep alone too huh. I've got Deisel in my bed but I can't sleep."

"When I do sleep I have nightmares. All I can picture is the blood every where in the bathroom and her just hanging there."

"I know all i can see is her beaten face and a whole in her head." Crystal started to cry on the other end. "You know we're going to get so many pity looks at school when we go back." Crystal said wiping her eyes.

"Im not ready. I wish I could just go to sleep and when I wake up-."

"Everything would be back to normal." Crystal interrupted finishing Joanne's sentence. Everything was quiet for a good minute.

"Can you come over tomorrow? I hate being alone in this house." Crystal said. Her mother traveled frequently and her dad lived in another state.

"Why don't you just stay with me until your mom gets back." Joanne whispered. "Diesel won't be alone he can play with Cherry. And we both would feel better if we weren't alone." Joanne tried to persuade her. They were both shaken up and paranoid.

"My mom called after she heard what happened. She wants me to go to a shrink."

" I wouldn't completely rule out the idea." Joanne whispered.