(18)

A haunting piano tune echoed the hallways, the keys tapped and held by rough fingers. The bench held up the familiar teenager, his eyes clued to the piano before him. The sheet music was cast aside on the floor, some papers torn and written on. His tune played purely to express whatever emotions he felt at that moment.

The feeling of being alone.
The feeling of constantly lying.
The feelings he couldn't say aloud.

He normally wasn't one to use the things that were forced upon him for anything other than cursing, but today the piano haunted the horrible home that morning. The lower keys contrasted the lighter keys. A sound profile of what demons already plagued the teenage boy.

A clang. It all stopped, the piano lid booming shut with a sharp snap. Sebastian stood up, stopping the tape recorder he had set aside, recording the tune he created easily with his fingertips. Even the clang and bang...it was all planned by the teenager.

Never to show anyone or to brag about. A little reminder to himself that he wasn't worthless. No one would ever hear the melody he made of his mind.
Well...no one except for your muse.

And it wasn't when the teenager was in a right state. In fact, he was drunk. While his father was out, Sebastian took it upon himself to break into the liquor cabinet and snag a vintage bottle of whiskey. Half of it was gone and still clutched in his hand when he offered the tape, a lopsided grin on his face.