CH.11 Heir of the Dragon King

Natsu

I nervously tapped my fingers on the table nervously waiting for Haruhi to come downstairs "morning" Haruhi greeted walking down the steps "Haruhi!" I said as she turned to me smiling taking her seat in front of me "Haruhi dear we need to talk to you about something" Juvia said as she placed a hand on my shoulder Haruhi looked up giving us her full attention as I explained everything to her "well that's surprising but why exactly are you telling me this?" Haruhi said as I laughed nervously "you see Haru Igneel had asked if you would maybe consider becoming the Heiress and I said yes for you" I said as her eyes turn cold "what?!" she yelled as I hid in fear "wah! I'm sorry!" I yelled as she glared at me "what kind of father does this?! what gave you the bright idea to promise him without consulting me first?! why would you even think of promising him?! now I have to keep up to that promise when I don't even want to!" Haruhi yelled pointing an accusing finger at me "now you've done it Natsu" Happy said "she's become a monster again" Happy enjoyed his fish "shut it cat!" we both yelled scowling at him.

☀️☀️☀️

Haruhi didn't talk to me the whole day currently I was moping "I'm sure she'll come around" Juvia said patting my back "I failed as a father" I said "uh you know I'm also your child right dad?" Free said "my little girl hates me" I muttered as Juvia kept patting my back.

~~~~

Juvia opened the door to the house to find it "huh I thought Haruhi would be here" Juvia said placing the key down "dad look I found a note!" Free said running over with a note in his hands "dear Natsu & Juvia,

we've left to magnolia-" slowly the writing morphed from Happy's to Haruhi's "-I'm sorry for leaving so suddenly I know you meant well when you promised Grandpa Igneel but I can't take the throne its something I'm not ready for I know I'll never be able to become a good ruler, I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise Free this is goodbye

~Haruhi & Happy" I crumpled up the note "she wouldn't..." Juvia said placing her hands to her mouth "her cloak is gone" I pointed out "Haruhi's not normally one to up and leave" Juvia said sighing "maybe we should tell the others then we could send out a search party for her" Free suggested.

all three of us walked into the guild informing the others of what happened "how'd you find out?" Yuki asks as I handed him the note he read over it crumbling the note up in his hands "alright then we'll have to send out a search party" Gramps said "alright we'll have three teams the ones who can fly will search from the skies and then the dragon slayers will be trying to sniff her out-" "one problem Haruhi knows how to hide her scent" Juvia said as Erza sighed "fine then two teams the skies and land" Scarlet said as she instructed everyone on what to do with that we began looking for her.