Chapter 3: Milkshakes and Mood Swings

HEIDI

"I can't believe we're the first year that has to wear uniforms." I say whilst pulling down my red checkered skirt.

Seriously, what kind of college makes you wear uniforms?

"Tell me about it. This tie's hideous." Mal says, fiddling with her suspenders.

"For the record, I think you girls are looking hot." Dylan makes sure to put emphasis on the word 'hot'.

We shoot him looks of disgust.

"Our eyes are up here, dingus."

"You don't count. I said 'girls' not Satan."

"Technically I'd be the hottest since I live in hell." Mal smiles.

"Ooh she got you there." I point out.

"Oh by the way, nice shorts Dylan."

Mal and I burst into laughter as we look over at Dylan's red tartan shorts and suspenders.

He groans. "Screw you both."

"You wish." Mal retorts.

"Oh my god shut up!"

"You shut up!"

"Literal children." I mumble, walking over to the administration office.

"Hey, I'm here to pick up my schedule. It's Heidi Thompson."

"Ugh." The woman at the desk rolls her eyes, whilst adjusting her glasses.

Rude much? I plaster a fake smile on my face even though I'm itching to call her out.

"Sorry doesn't look like we have a Hermione on the system."

"Sorry, I said Heidi."

She shakes her head. "No Heather either."

"Heather? HEATHER! Are you fuc-" Suddenly a large hand covers my mouth, stopping me from finishing that sentence.

"Please excuse my friend here. She's been having crazy mood swings. You know, lady things and all that?" Dylan smiles.

She lowers her glasses, smiling. "And who are you, handsome?"

He removes his hand from my face and leans an arm on the desk. "Some call me Dylan, others call me the man of you've been waiting for."

"Oh is that right?" The cougar purrs.

Mal and I exchange a look. More specifically the 'Are you about to puke too look'.

"Now, will you be a darling and hook my friends and I up with our schedules?"

"Of course." She takes our names and passes Dylan our schedules.

Did she really just?

"See you later, Miss..." He looks at her name tag. "Anderson."

"Call me Felicia." She says suggestively.

"Call me someone who's about to choke myself with this tie. Let's go." Mal grabs my hand and walks out.

"See you later Felicia!" Dylan waves and runs to follow us.

"Bye Felicia, fuck you." I mumble.

"Dee language!" He gasps.

"Sorry for using bad language dad."

"You know if you wanna call me d-"

"Daddy you can just ask. Yeah I know!" I finish for him.

The amount of times I've heard that phrase since meeting Dylan is nauseating.