Prologue

Going out for a morning walk is normal but is going out for a midnight walk normal too? Well that doesn't really matter because that was normal for him. So, like always he started getting ready for his midnight routine. He had a carefree smile plastered on his face. He just shifted to Scotland a week ago and is really excited about starting school here next Monday. He was in Chicago earlier and always went out for walks at this odd time off night. His reason?

"Its between two days, it's the freshest point of the 48hrs."

And he's been doing it since he's 12, has been sneaking out at nights for his midnight freedom. It's as crazy as it sounds. But there was something off about tonight, he could feel it. But just shrugged it off feeling it's only because it's his first midnight walk in this new country.

So, out he went. Hands in his pockets, walking on the path alongside of a forest. He was always a nature lover. Being the rebel he always was, he continued walking on, in spite of his sixth sense warning him about something. After moments of peace and fresh air, he felt presence behind him; he immediately turned around, no one.

'Weird' he thought to himself.

He resumed his walk. From the corner of his eye he saw some movement, a drop of sweat made its way down his cheek bone. He became aware of something wrong happening around him. He turned around and walked at a faster space to get home as soon as possible. He was almost out of that forest path.

He saw street lights and cars in the far-off distance, 'phew', he sighed relief.

He turned around to check one last time.

"What the..?" he noticed all this time he actually had been walking on the same piece of ground, because he couldn't possibly forget where he saw that unusual movement of that God-knows-what.

He turned around again, he was so sure he had been walking away from that place, but he saw exactly what he feared- no street lights, no cars. It seemed like he hadn't even moved an inch. He was absolutely horrified now, he wanted to get home as quick as possible, and without even giving it a second thought, he walks into the forest and decides to take a shortcut, but he shouldn't have. And he realized that as soon as he heard the piercing laughter.

He was terrified and was sweating rapidly he started running as fast has he could. The trees and the grass were leading him to the middle of nowhere it was also the middle of the night and he had this horrible strong feeling that no one lived miles and miles away from where he was. Something was after him, what? He didn't care what it was, he just wanted to get out of here. He tripped over a twig and fell. He saw a figure in front of him and crawled backwards sweating profusely. He tried getting back up on his legs but failed to.

"Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh---" was the last ever heard of him.