Chapter 1 : A duel ?

I awaken to the magnetic glow that forces my eyelids to droop open . 3:45 the clock reads, its red magenta glow illuminating the room . The perfect time to hunt . I switch on the light and draw myself sluggishly towards the bathroom . A hot shower to alert for senses could'nt sound any better . Thereflectioni have gazed upon for almost 300 years still sends a shock to myartery's. The transformation that has taken place since that night still manages to hit me hard. I turn on the water , switching the hot water to an all time high, my icy cold skin feels nothing of the heat pondering down ;dripping down my face. I hear a low fumble around the house, a quick scatter that would lie undetected to human ears. But i am not a human i am a vampire and having changed since 300 years hearing is one of the many powers i have acquired. I turn off the shower quickly and tug on my bathrobe and wrap a clean crisp towel around my dripping wet hair . Hesitant but eager to kill the intruder imposing on my territory i tread carefully, shaping around corners and creaking slowly and silently like a cat in the long grass of Africa waiting for the kill , the prey. The hunt has come to me. Easier than ever i think . Foolish enough to challange me but futile to enter my territory, a deadly move that has consequences. I creak and plunge into the living room half stopping mid-way at my attempted attack .

Jager.

The fledging i had taken with me after my short few months of my vampiric transformation . My eyes widened as a sent my thoughts crashing around the room .

'' What are you doing here '' i said slyly, a tone of curiosity warding my body .

His gaze had mounted and he was hesitant at his repsonse.

'' Im here to warn you ''

'Ha warn me, i thought my powers were well known thorought this terriory '' i spitley shot back in reponse.

His eyes winced hiding another side to the truth. Using mind sight i had detached myself to Jagers thoughts and well being that happened in the previous weeks, consider it as reading minds but this power is far more greater . A scene drew up close with Jager approaching Nos - Loches a vampire club in New Mayhem a popular spot to dwell without humans. Jager now aware that i was in his mind quickly rebounded the power i wasforcingupon him . Hurt by my intrusion he had snapped me out. I scowled my pupils dark and chilling . ''So pretty boy would rather tell the truth himself huh''?

''Sirius is searching for you''.he whispered.

I raised my eyebrows, curious to whomever this person may be. A Curled my bottom lip , i wasnt bothered with the situation before me, whoever this guy was made me grin , he was of no importance but for Jager to come all the way to Concord to warn me clearly showed that this was no matter to treat light-handedly.

''Hes your blood brother Cheals the one who changed you''.

I turned that curl into a scowl . My blood brother the one i swore to took revenge on since the first day i was a vampire.

''Hes seeking for you, he wants you taken down , he poses you as a threat and will do whatever to stay on top , he had no idea you would be this powerful .''

I grined shooting my reply

''So he wants to fight, little boy wants to challenge the mother of all hell ?''

Despite the situation Jager grinned that foolish grin he supressed when he was in a good mood, it soon faded as he tried to mantain all seriousness.

''Dont treat this like childs play Cheals he'l come at you hard like a viper ready to strike.''

I smirked ,''not without a fight''i thought.

He senses your aura, its strong and your one of the many strongest of the smoke line.

'''So he wants me dead.''

I laughed nonchalantly .

Jager nodded suprised by my reaction

'' This should be fun i muttered ''

Interesting .

This is chapter one of my book in process.

Vote or commentif you liked .