2 ゜pumpkin patch

Same night. Same fear. Same trembling hands and freshly fallen souls, reaching up to the celestial bodies up above in hopes they would be able to join.

Ochako's guiding hands led Toru to a place she hadn't visited in seven months, avoiding it out of sheer grief. Moonlight bounced off of the short white fences of the boundaries and enveloped the path that the ghost's shaky legs had to follow.

The supportive demon pushed her forward, a silent farewell to let the other undead being that she would stay at the gates.

So Toru Hagakure continued on slowly, finding that each step she took her heart pounded harder. And then faster. The orange pumpkins that surrounded her on all sides had no flaws, their immortal etherealness smiling upon her. The pure energy of the patch cleansed her overwhelming worries.

Toru walked. And walked. And walked.

She continued walking until she reached the center of Luna's reach and thus the center of the pumpkin patch. She only stopped when she inches away from the prize of her eye, standing over the still body as shock washed over her.

The other girl's chest barely moved, and she didn't twitch a single time. She was still; still as if she had died and joined her counterpart in the veil.

Moss gripped at her cloak and crawled up her thighs. Vines wrapped around her limbs, pulling her hands into a prayer as they pulsed with a soft power. Even mushrooms sprouted at her root.

Toru took in her every inch, as if she was falling in love with her all over again.

Her silk black hair that created settled over her shoulders and back like a waterfall. Her brown skin that was splattered with freckles and scars as if Pollock had taken a liking to her. Her pink lips that held memories of intense nights and lulling poems. Her hands that were ragged with determination yet gentle when she handled those important to her.

Hagakure knelt in front of the sleeping goddess, reaching out slowly. She hated to interrupt what the witch was working so hard for, but she suddenly missed her so dearly.

Toru finally made contact with her lover's cheek, seeing the small concave it made across her soft skin. That was all it took, and the witch's hazel eyes fluttered open. She squinted at the moon's light after being shrouded in darkness for nearly a year. It didn't take long for her to adjust, and suddenly she looking directly into Toru's eyes with astonishment.

"Serafina?"

"Oh," Serafina Enomoto's voice croaked like an old motor starting up after a long time. "You're beautiful."

A deep red suddenly blanketed itself over Toru's cheeks. She had forgotten that only the woman she loved could see her. Not even she could see herself.

"Fina... it's me," the ghost girl trembled. "Toru?"

"How could I forget?" Serafina breathed. Suddenly her arm jerked, bones cracking as the vines wrapped around her hands tore slowly. Once free, she splayed a hand across Toru's cheek, thumb stroking skin. "You're scared, Toru. Why?"

The reassuring words and touch she missed so dearly was too much, and suddenly tears were trickling from her eyes. Serafina smiled softly, before pulling the terrified girl forward.

The two came together into a soft kiss, fingers winding together and lips interlocking. Toru suddenly pushed further into it, almost as if she was afraid it would be over all too soon. Serafina simply hummed, the energy from it all reawakening the rest of her systems.

When they were finally done, they wrapped around one another in a hug and squeezed as tight as possible.

"I'm sorry I waked you," Toru mumbled.

"It's alright. It was silly of me to think that a meditation like this could help my powers," Serafina mumbled, clinging tighter. "Let me worry about you, though."

"No," was all Toru could muster. She just wanted this peace a little bit longer. "No."