14 ゜intertwined (epilogue)

"What's your name?"

Endeavor finally glanced up from the hay strewn ground. The rage that once made his blue eyes burn was now dull. He looked utterly defeated (not that anyone minded).

A small stream of light fell upon his head and the rusty window seemed to rumble as the celebration below continued on, as it had since the day his reign ended. It was a stark contrast to the dull and muffled atmosphere in his containment cell.

"What a stupid question," he grumbled. Serafina watched him closely, eyes vacant of amusement. She shifted in her chair as her back slowly became stiff.

"It's been a week... the sooner you answer her questions the sooner she will grant you safe passage to a more comfortable environment." The witch paused and a willow tree outside rustled. "You should be grateful that our queen is gracious. You are the last person alive to deserve it."

The man simply grunted in response. She took that as a signal to continue.

"No mother is going to name their child Endeavor. If we have your real name we can find your family."

"And what?" He sneered. "Tell them of all the people I killed? How I lost the ability to use magic ever again? How I'll be locked under maximum security until the day I die?"

Serafina, impressed with the accuracy, raised an eyebrow. "Yes, precisely."

He truly must have felt trapped to give in. He looked like a child, the way he wrapped his arms around his legs and looked away from her. A child she would happily kick the shit out of.

"Enji Todoroki."

Serafina cocked her head. "Todoroki? Is Todoroki a common surname?"

"Why would I care?"

She continued stare at him closely, eyes grazing over his red hair and blue. She then thought of the the sheer strength of her fire, and how fire mages weren't exactly the most common mage type.

"Shoto..." She mumbled. His head snapped towards her. "Shoto Todoroki."

"Shoto," he repeated as if it was a foreign name. "That's my youngest. He's the reason I did all of this."

Serafina blinked slowly, seemingly flabbergasted by the claim. "The reason you.... what?"

"I wanted to prove to him how strong the fire magic in him was and that he could take over the world if he would just accepted his left side!"

"He resents you," Serafina snapped. "He helped defeat All for One. You slaughtered the man he was training to protect, and you think he wouldn't jump at the chance to beat your ass?"

"Then why isn't he here?" Endeavor rebutted and slowly rose to his feet. His broad shoulders blocked out the light and the sounds of the celebration faded away. "Where is my son, little girl?"

"He left."

"Where? Why isn't he here, beating my ass?"

"I said he left. It is none of your business where, why, when, how."

"Apparently it is not your business either," he chuckled darkly. Serafina did not break eye contact. "He has long left this kingdom, hasn't he? Chasing something bigger than both of you."

"I just needed your name."

"Everything is connected, little girl," he continued.

The two fell into a tense silence. The pure hatred they held for one another was absolutely unnatural. They resented the words that they spat at one another.

But when a knock sounded at the door, they both knew that Serafina was better in more ways than one. Serafina was the one who could stand up and walk out the door.

Serafina was the one who was greeted by her loving girlfriend. Serafina was the one who walked out of the dungeon and into the comforting sunlight.

"Everything alright, Sera?" Toru hummed curiously. "The queen called for us, sorry I interrupted."

"Toru, did Mashirao ever tell you where he was going? Or give any hints?"

Hagakure raised an eyebrow and shrugged. "No, not really. Just up and left with the others. Why?"

"Something is going on," Serafina spoke lowly as they walked through the palace corridors. "I think they left because they found something bigger than all of us."

"What do you mean? Bigger than All for One?"

"Definitely. All for One didn't make them leave us with no word, let alone the whole kingdom."

Toru glanced at Serafina, halting to a stop in front of the closed doors of the throne room. The ghost seemed a bit nervous at the mere suggestion. It was still fresh in her mind how incapacitated she was during the fight eight days ago.

"We have to tell the queen," she tried not to shout. Serafina immediately shook her head and reached to grab her elbow.

"We don't know what's going on—"

"Yeah, that's the problem!"

"If the boys left without a word, presumably to protect us, then why shouldn't we do the same?"

That silenced the brown haired girl as realization dawn upon her features.

"We have to get the girls together..."

"Yeah. Are they still in the capital?"

"They said they were going to the celebration before they left tonight."

Serafina nodded and grasped at Toru's delicate hands. They could hear their queen laughing in the throne room, echoing with the giggle of her son. They could only hope she would be alright if they left.

"Where do we even start?"

"I'm sure Tsu knows some incantation to help," Enomoto guessed. "We'll just have to hope they want us to find them. I have a bone to pick with Shoto."

"Oh, me too! Ojiro won't even see me coming," she huffed in determination. Serafina snorted but decided to hold her tongue as they walked down the main steps of the palace. They seemed to blend with the crowd as they began searching for their friends.

The true adventure was about to begin.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.
me jumping over all of the plot holes and unexplained things: Parkour

this epilogue and this book in general was dogshit but also???? the plot idea was fire i just lost interest way too fast to care

ANYWAYS yall have a gn im gonna go watch haikyuu (: