Chapter Three

In a matter of minutes, I was ready for the party, though I wasn't in the partying mood. I  rushed out the door, putting on my gold hoop earrings in the process. I was wearing a deep mossy green haulter top, Val had given me last christmas, and my black skinny jeans with my silver stellto heels. I swept my thick locks back into a tight ponytail and slicked some shimmery lip gloss on my lips.

              "Hey, Jade!" Lennox called as she jogged from across the quad.

              She was wearing a tight fitted black dress and tall pumps. Her shoulder length curls were pulled to one side of her neck.

               "Great outfit." I smiled.

                  "Thanks." she grinned.

              "Where's Val?" I looked around the quad. 

                 "She's almost ready."

                  Suddenly the Moroi dorm doors swung open and Val sashayed out. She was sporting a hot pink mini dress and identical pumps.

               "Come on, before we're late." she giggled.

             "Hey, Jade!" Edwin called from the Moroi dorms.

              I waved him our way. He sauntered to us. 

             "You all look strikingly HOT!" he grinned. 

              " Close your mouth, Eddie, Before something flies in it." Lennox giggled, blushing a little.

       " So, did Dr Doom text you the memo for the party tonight?" I asked.

           "Oh, yeah. It's gonna be a party no one will forget." He winked. 

            "Hm, I bet." i chuckled. 

          Though, I was wrong. Thye party was huge. Full of almost everyone we knew. Adrian was nowhere to be found. Though, i wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. He had this way about him that really made him seem ghostly. 

        Scarlet and her robots sashayed through the mass of dancing people. Each of them dressed in different shades of pink. Val grew paler for a moment.

       "I have half a mind to scuttle off back to my room and change my whole outfit." she said.

         "Don't you dare! You look great. They're the ones that look like Corpse Brides." Lennox wrinkled her nose at the girls. 

             "And besides, your look tops theirs off by plenty." I added. 

             "Yeah. Most deff." Edwin said. 

             "Aw, thanks, guys." she smiled. "now that we've got that settled, LET'S PARTY!" 

            We headed for the dance floor. Edwin spun me around and rocked to the rhythm of the rock music with me. It was Made of Stone by Evanescence, my favorite song.

     In the middle of another spin, someone cut in. A tall body blocking in between mine and Edwin's.

     "I think I'll have this dance dude." he grinned Edwin's direction.

        Edwin shrugged at Adrian, who spun around to face me.

        "Hey, Beautiful." he gave a toothy grin.

       "Bye!" I scowled.

         "Why so mean?" he tilted his head.

        "I grow iritated of seeing you everywhere. I hope you know that."