𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒈𝒆

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

[CICATRIZE]

3.07 || didn't have time for revenge

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

Aurelia stands next to Peter in the woods as she searches for Derek's thoughts while the werewolf listens for his nephew and attempts to find him by scent. "Peter, there are a lot of hunters in these woods. I can't even wade through all their thoughts to find Derek's." Aurelia says quietly.

"I know. I can smell them." Peter responds. "Little Witch, stop panicking. Your anxiety is overwhelming Derek's scent." Peter says impatiently.

"Stop panicking? Stop freaking panicking? We're stuck in the middle of the preserve with hunters, we can't find Derek and these are the same hunters that cut my freaking mother in half. I don't think they'll hesitate in doing the same to us." Aurelia exclaims.

"So teleport home. I'll find Derek." Peter responds.

"No. I'm not leaving the two of you out here alone. At least if I'm here I can use magic to stop any of us from getting shot." Aurelia argues. 

"Then shut up." Peter responds before looking to his left. "Come on." He says before running and the witch takes off after him, trying her best to keep up.

"Peter!" Aurelia hisses, running after him and stumbling into the clearing just in time to see the older werewolf catch a crossbow bolt before it could hit Derek. She waves her hand briefly, sending the hunter flying backwards into the tree behind him with magic before running over to the two Hales. "Move, people. Move." She says, pushing them along before the three of them take off running again.

"Are they following?" Peter asks the witch as they run.

"Well, good news is, if they are, they've been instructed to bring us back alive." Aurelia says, panting slightly. "Down here." Aurelia instructs, pulling open the door for the root cellar below the Nemeton and both werewolves stop, looking at her. "Now." She snaps and they both rush down the steps, the witch close behind as she carefully closes the door. 

She drops to sit on the bottom step, panting heavily as she tries to catch her breath. "Are you okay?" Derek whispers.

"Fine. Just out of breath." Aurelia responds, focusing on the thoughts of the hunters above them as she casts a disillusionment charm over the root cellar door. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·. .·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"They were there for two days. Waiting, hiding." Cora says and Stiles looks over at Aurelia for confirmation and the witch just nods in response. 

"Sucky two days." Aurelia adds.

"Why didn't you just teleport you all out?" Stiles asks.

"While I was early in most things magic, I was late in learning how to teleport. At that point, I'd only been successfully teleporting myself for a couple months. I couldn't teleport all three of us out of there and I couldn't leave either of them behind." Aurelia explains. "We had to hide."

"That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us. Hide and heal." Cora explains, looking out the window.

"Okay, so is two days standard then?" Stiles asks, pacing impatiently. "Or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?"