Chapter 3

"Finally, let's end this!" The duplicate challenged.

"Bring it!" Veracity happily stood her ground.

Clash! The two sides battled each other aggressively. The clone took on Seth while the real pilot fought hia teammate. Grunts and huffs came from the quartet of adversaries, constantly going back in forth in having the upper hand. Veracity pinned Ryan to the floor, towering over him and having a knee to the chest chastising, "you know, some people would be civilized enough to just talk about their problems rather than explode the entire world because they have daddy issues."

"Parental issues smart alec, but at least we both have that in common. Except, my mom didn't work for a psycho billionaire and got herself killed," Ryan jabbed back, enraging Veracity more on the sore topic and she aimed to punch him. He caught her fist and flipped her over, his knee on her back and holding her arms right to prevent squirming, "sorry, that was messed up, but hey blame him not me."

Harper shot him off of Veracity and sent Ryan rolling temporarily on the ground. The duplicate tackled Seth as they had their own wrestling session, "so what gives? I can never figure you out of half of the time. Mind not be so darn frustrating and stick to one side? It would make life a lot easier."

"Well," Seth grunted from trying to hold him still, "first time was on me, second time was infiltrating, third time was protecting," he explained, "I'd say I've evolved."

The clone kicked off, jumping to his feet, "you're not impressing anyone."

Seth stood up, "I used to, maybe I'll do that again one day."

"No you won't, you'll be dead." The doppelganger smiled and the two quickly returned to battling one another.

The others watched from above, nervous for their comrads, "we should jump in there."

"Kenzie we can't, if we strike now we'll expose Alyssa and Harris." Casey tells her, making a sigh leaves her lips.

"I can't believe this is happening." Spyder says.

"The fight or the fact that we have now just crossed the path from normalcy into straight craziness?" Mark questioned.

"Oh please...we passed that line a loooonnngg time ago." Spyder rebuttled, to which the mechanic did not argue with a shrug.

"Ugh!" Both Ryan and Seth groaned by the impact from their respective attackers. Veracity and the clone kept coming back at it relentlessly, niether one of them looking to stop, "how am I losing to a kid?!"

"Teenager dude, teenager," both Ryans corrected him, "at least you're not getting whipped by a girl."

Veracity kneed him in the gut and kicked his ribs, "hurts doesn't it?"

"Yeah, but it's worth it." Ryan replied as he lunged for her.

He missed, but recovered quickly, and used his new profound abilities to hit her from behind. She yelped from the burn and landed onto the ground, with Harper yelling, "Veracity!"

The look alike seized his opportunity and electrocuted him, his hand on his back and thrusting with great force. It was Seth's turn to cry out in pain as he met the cold, hard floor. The two had trouble returning to their feet, their injuries being severe. The pilot loomed over them, his copy cat walking slowly next to him and looking down at his rivals, "this was fun, but we've got to run and you two on our tails won't do us any good now will it?"

Veracity glared and almost pushed herself completely up. The real technopath was too fast and used his powers to electrocute her. She stayed down afterwards, her back flaring immensely, "try not to move, it'll only make it worse."

That was the last thing the fifteen year old said before joining his double, whose arm wrapped around him with a trademark smirk and squeezed the orb they had brought to flash away.

"Oh crap!" Casey reacted, the others having their eyes wide in worry.

"Where are you going?" Mackenzie wanted an answer, trying follow her out.

"I'll be back, stay here." Casey ordered.

"But-" She was gone. Mackenzie huffed and walked back towards the screen, crossing her arms.