My name is NOT Allison!

"Ok. So. New school. No biggy," Allison Lee or Ally, had to remind herself again. It. Was. No. Big. Deal.
But it was. It was a new school in this town and all her best friends had been assigned to the old high school, which everyone fantasized about since elementary school. She knew people but, they were different from her. She was Korean-American and they were American. She lived in a Korean community with Korean parents! How can she be 100% of either one of them?
She walked into the school auditorium and saw no dark-haired person, except Jin Kim, one of her family friends.
"Hey, what's up?" Jin had lots of friends. American and non-American. Probably because he was 100% of one: Korean.
"What's up?! You kidding me?!"
"Haha. Chill. It's just school. You know everyone, everyone knows you,"
"That's the problem, Jin. Don't you understand?"
Jin furrowed his eyebrows and said,
"No I don't for reals. If you know everyone, why are you freaking your pants out?"
Ally had to laugh at that.
"Haha. Well, see you at lunch?"
"Well... I think I'll see you in English!"
"Oh! Okay then. Even better. Save me a seat!"
Ally and Jin separated with Ally hugging people and Jin laughing with people. But they both didn't look like they were in place. They certainly didn't feel in place.