J is for Jessica

It was lunchtime at Francisco High School and Jessica already had a mental list of things to do for next week, in fact the whole year. She was going to try out for cheerleading next week, so she was trying hard to impress the seniors during lunchtime and passing periods. She was also running for a place in Student Council and she signed up to be part of the yearbook committee too. She felt tired but proud at the same time.
"Hey! Jess! Over here!" It was Leslie, one of Jessica's best friends.
"Hey! How come I haven't seen you in any of my classes? I had History with Kathy at least,"
"I'm taking the normal courses. I'll take Advanced next year," Leslie replied. Leslie was so laid back that sometimes Jessica felt jealous of Leslie and worried about her at the same time.
"I'm gonna buy lunch and come back. Save us some seats!" Jessica said to Leslie's back.
Leslie waved in response and looked for the best seats because once they sit there it was their seat for the rest of the year.
As Jessica bought her lunch she wondered what Jin and Ally would be doing. She didn't want to feel jealous but she couldn't help it. Ally was so perfect that Jessica worried Jin might change his mind about her.
"Hey, what are you thinking of? Jin?" Tim teased her.
"Haha very funny. I actually was though," Jessica smiled sheepishly.
"See? I'm psychic,"
"Oh sure. Hey, you don't have any classes with me?" Jessica asked Tim. It was more of a statement than a question.
"Well, I almost have the same schedule as Leslie so I guess not? Leslie said she doesn't have any classes with you," Tim replied.
"You're not taking Advanced?" Jessica was surprised. Tim was the smartest student all through middle school. Jessica thought he would keep it up till high school.
"Nah. Next year," Tim smiled.
"Huh. Is it only me taking Advanced?" Jessica was surprised.
"I guess? It's fine, though. I think I'm taking Algebra with you,"
Before Jessica answered Tim's food came out and Tim went the other way waving bye to Jessica. Jessica sighed as she sat down with Leslie and Kathy for lunch. Now Jessica just felt really tired and worn out. Her spirit from the morning has changed to stress.