40. Brother Complex

Jin

My hands are sweating and I wipe them off on my white suit pants for the millionth time. I'm so nervous I could shit myself. It's almost showtime. The band readies their instruments and Dad hooks his arm with mine. He smiles at me and it calms my racing heart the teeniest bit.

"It's OK, Jin. Let's just do it like we rehearsed," he says. "You got this."

I nod and straighten my back. All eyes will be on me, so I better make sure I look as good as possible. Behind that door are all my friends and family waiting for me. 

Dad gives the sign to the band and the first tones of the music fills the air. Two workers open the doors for us and before I have time to take in the view Dad starts walking down the carpet and I mindlessly tag along. 

Everyone is looking at me with excitement and they are all familiar faces. All my relatives from my dad's side, and even some from Mom's side are here. I spot Taehyung and Jimin on one of the benches and Taehyung smiles and discreetly waves at me while Jimin records my entrance with his phone. Next to Jimin is Hoseok who whistles and loudly claps his hands despite being in a church. 

When I look over to the other side I see Yoongi and Namjoon standing together. I almost stop in my tracks when I realize that Yoongi is crying loudly while blowing his nose into a handkerchief. Despite the loud music I hear him muttering something about how proud he is and Namjoon just puts his hand on his shoulder in an attempt to comfort him. 

On the front row is Jungkook's dad. By his side is his new girlfriend and they are both smiling brightly at me as I walk past them. Dad lets go of my arm and gives me a hug before sitting down next to them. He gestures for me to keep going on my own and I finally direct my eyes towards the altar.

Jungkook is standing there looking like an angel sent from heaven. He's wearing a black suit in contrast to my white one, and has his hair properly slicked back. The light from the colored glass window lights up the entire altar and the whole scene couldn't be more perfect. Jungkook has his hands politely clasped in front of him but that quickly changes when our eyes meet. His whole body shudders and his eyes tear up. He puts his hand over his mouth, probably in attempt to not start crying.

I take the final step so that I'm standing right in front of him. We link our arms and I smile at him. I want to ask why he's crying but there's really no time for it because the priest starts his speech right away. 

"Everyone, please be seated. We have gathered here today to celebrate the love between these two young individuals..."

His words quickly fade away because the only thing I can focus on is the person next to me. Jungkook is crying silent tears, but there's still a warm smile on his face. My heart races as I look at him. This is it. We've waited over three years for this moment and now it's finally happening.

I snap out of my daze when the priest focuses his attention on us.

"Jeon Jungkook, do you take Kim Seokjin as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

"I do," he says.

The priest gives a short nod and turns to me.

"Kim Seokjin , do you take Jeon Jungkook as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

I take a deep breath before uttering those two words.

"I do."

"Since it is your choice to join hands in marriage I ask you both to join hands and exchange the vows you have written for each other."