B r o k e n .

"Digi-Modify!" Andy called out, rivaling yet another digimon. His partner in combat, well, was Renamon. A yellow fox appearance with some nasty attacks in her arsenal. She moved with such elegance, a ninja in the night if you will. Her attire was modest, wearing a purple scarf along with purple sleeves, covering her forearms. Her expressions rarely changed throughout the fight, seeming emotionless. Renamon's style was unparalleled to say the least, Andy was fortunate enough to be practically blessed with such a mon at her level. Renamon was well disciplined, never speaking out of turn so long as she wasn't in a fight, to which at that point, she'd want to taunt her foe.

The fight barely started and it looked as though it was already over. Goblimon had gotten floored once more. Andy cheered on of course, and Renamon couldn't be more pleased with herself. "He's rather hard headed, don't you think, Andy?" Renamon proudly spoke out to her tamer as she absorbed the Goblimon's data. The yellow, fox creature hopped down from her heights, looking down at her tamer's chest. The air around them grew colder, the sun coming to a set under the horizon. Night wasn't such an intimidating setting... for Andy and Renamon. But there was another, a third. A friend had been tagging along. He kept quiet for the most part, only insisting he'd come along if it meant he got to see Andy's Digimon fight. The other guy was into the Digimon genre as much as Andy was, but unfortunately, due to some unknown and downright unlucky circumstances, he hadn't received his own Digi-vice, He had the cards, the card reader, and the enthusiasm, but when his friends around him started to experience the magical moment of their lives- becoming a Digimon tamer, he was left in the dark. Whatever was behind the process of this whole 'tamer' thing overlooked him, and after so long, his enthusiasm for the game had halted. It was hard for him to see his friends all getting their own Digimon, but he never really voiced it. The guy would just show up to watch the battles and talk like normal. It was enough for him... right?

"Riley...? Are you okay?" Andy nudged his shoulder. The weather, as stated, was getting much cooler. Andy hadn't prepared for such temperatures, but somehow Riley just knew a hoodie was necessary for this day. Riley's hood was on, covering his head full of hair, and his fresh haircut he never thought to show off. The two of them had been friends for a very long time; years at that. They would hang out in the virtual world until they both would pass out on each end of the microphone. Their relationship was rather close, and best of all, they both were into Digimon. But that all altered a tad, not in a bad way but, Riley kind of changed. He changed the second he knew that... Andy became a tamer. Of one of his favorite Mons..... Renamon.

"Yeah... It's just cold." Riley said blatantly ignoring the hoodie he was wearing. "Good fight, dog, she uh..." Riley paused for a moment, trading eye contact with Renamon for a split second before he pat his knees awkwardly, looking back up to Andy. "She's really good." Riley was seated on a small stone wall that acted as a bench throughout the park. He wouldn't dare get up and walk around, or risk... running into a tree. The boy looked up at what he assumed was the moon in a darkened sky. It must have been late, or he wouldn't be feeling like this. The dark really gets him out of a good mood most nights. Reason being, Riley's vision. He wears glasses to aid sharpness, but there was another issue, a bigger one at that. An... impairment, per say. Blind spots polk-a-dotted his retinas. Both of his eyeball lenses were deteriorating at a speed which caused him to rapidly lose his vision. Permanently. The process was slow, and wasn't happening for any known reason. It was only a disease he was, unfortunately, born with. He was able to see good most of his life, but in the past three years, it really snuck up on him, altering his life for the worse.

Always needing a guide through the dark, not being eligible for a driver's license, and plain not being able to do most normal task, well, normally was just a few things off the list of burdens he was bestowed with these past years. However, he rarely got upset over it. Riley always brushed it off as if there was not problem. As though that's just how he was meant to be.