~5~

I finally got to write something after a lot of time. As you can see in the title, the story is on hold until the 5th of December, because my exams have started since last week and will be going until December, the story is on hold but I will still publish when time allows, depending on your answers on the chapters. I'm not setting any target but I know on average what I expect as a response.

"I don't understand mom. She has not left me since this morning. She speaks about being friends and all." Shivaay said while looking through his mother's books.

"I told you that Annika is special. You need time to understand her." His mother simply said. Shivaay just rolled his eyes. That day had been full of surprises. Annika hadn't left his side and she had even joined him to eat with Gauri, Om, Rudra, and Bhavya. He hadn't really cared for her presence but he found her a bit too close to him. Like she seemed glued to his side.

Shivaay was laying on his bed, looking at the ceiling when he received a message. It was Kaia, his love interest at the moment.

"Hey Shiv, let's go to the cinema tonight!" He read the message out loud and pinched his arm to check if he was dreaming. But he wasn't, Kaia Kumar was really asking him out! He was about to answer her when he stopped. He had seen her hanging around with Daksh lately, and even though he really liked her, he didn't want to face any problem with Daksh.

'What about Daksh, I've noticed that you've become close to each other.' He answered and didn't have to wait long for her answer.

'Yeah, I'm just with him for my father's business. I don't have any interest in him Shivaay... to be honest, I've always liked you.' Shivaay couldn't help but smiled. She liked him! But again he hesitated before answering.

'I can't really take the risk of having Daksh against me. I like you too Kaia, but I can't do that. You need to take care of Daksh before wanting to have a relationship with me.' He messaged her.

'I love your sincerity Shivaay, don't worry, I'll try to fix the issue "Daksh".' Shivaay blushed and smiled. He couldn't say that he was in love but Kaia affected him a lot. He liked her very much and he really wanted them both to share something. While he was rejoicing, someone knocked at his door.

"Come inside!" He said cheerfully.

"You seem to be quite in a good mood!" Annika said as she walked in.

"Yeah!" He simply answered. "What do you want?" He then asked.

"I want you to join me to go to the cinema," Annika replied.

"Like the two of us? Only the two of us?"

"Yes."

"Huh huh, not possible," Shivaay said, looking outside.

"Why not? Are you scared? You know, I won't rape you! I promise we'll be home by 9.30." Annika bit her nail on seeing his frustration.

"Stop talking rubbish Da... Annika... well, fine, I'll come with you!" Shivaay finally decided. "Can you get out of my room so that I can get ready?" He then asked.

"Sure, see you in an hour!" Annika exclaimed and left his room like a hurricane. She took her phone and dialed Ragini and Tia.

"He said yes to come to the cinema with me, are you sure Daksh and Kaia will be there?" She asked.

"Yes, I can see Daksh's car parked in front of Kaia's house, they probably will be leaving in a few," Tia answered she was Kaia's neighbor so it was easy for her to spy on her for Annika.

"Thanks, Sweeties, for helping me out! I really hope Daksh will finally open his beautiful hazel eyes and notice me! I've been head over heels for him since kindergarten goddammit!" Annika whined.

"Good luck dear!" Ragini said and hung up because she had some stuff to do.

"Huh, Annika... aren't you scared to end up feeling something for Oberoi?" Tia enquired.

"Don't be silly Tia, the only thing I will ever feel for him is hatred," Annika said and hung up. She looked at the photo frame hidden behind her laptop. It was a picture of Shivaay, Ofelia, her mother and herself, she was two and he was three at that time.

"I hate you so bad Oberoi... I hate you for being my nanny's son... I hate you because you're lucky to have her as your mom. While even with a father and step-mother, I'm still feeling like an orphan." Annika sobbed, then she took a deep breath and looked at herself in her mirror.

"You don't need anything Annika, you have everything, love is nothing, come on, smile, don't think about him, he is probably from her womb, but you are also able to get her love," Annika said to her reflection then got up to get ready for the cinema.

She put on a black pair of leather boots that reached her ankles, with a red pencil skirt and a black shirt. She let her hair open and applied some make-up, then she took her purse and left her room.

It seemed like they were strangers, their ride to the cinema theatre had been done in a complete silence despite her urge for him to talk to her. Despite her own beliefs, she was kind of finding his presence bearable, almost pleasurable. If it wasn't for him being her nanny's son, her rival in her nanny's love, she would have probably befriended him but Shivaay was the enemy.

"Which movie do you want to watch?" She heard him ask.

"Annabelle Comes Home!" She said excitedly. He chuckled on hearing her happiness. Not that he found her cute -which he secretly did but would never admit- but it was mostly the idea that he had talked about her with Om and compared her to that doll, Annabelle. So his first thought when she said the film she wanted to watch was "You want to watch a film about yourself? Selfish are we?!"

"Won't you be scared, Annika?" He teased her.

"Please, your face is enough of a horror movie for me not to be scared of anything!"

"My face is probably the most perfect thing that you have ever seen Annika, the hotness of Spain mixed with spicy India..." He winked at her and she shook her head with a smile dancing on her lips. They entered the movie theatre and took a seat next to each other. Annika noticed that Kaia and Daksh were not far from them so she sat in a way for Kaia to believe that her head was resting on Shivaay's shoulder.

Around the middle of the movie, she noticed Daksh going out and she excused herself, telling Shivaay she needed to use the bathroom. She saw Daksh at a distance and walked to him. She tapped on his shoulder.

"Why her?" She asked.

"Oh, Annika! What do you mean?"

"Why Kaia?" She asked again. "You knew that I have something for you, we made out many times and now you chose Kaia over me, why Daksh?"

"I've never loved you, doll. I only wanted sex from you, pure, steamy sex... But I don't know who you're saving yourself for, I never got the chance to taste the pleasures of your body..." Annika nodded before slapping him.

"What a disgusting pig you are!" She went back to the movie theatre and joined Shivaay. Now she didn't only want Kaia to suffer, she wanted her to have a broken heart just like her own. Befriending Shivaay wasn't enough. Seducing him wasn't enough. She needed to claim Shivaay, only in the name of hatred and jealousy.