Chapter 4- Small Actions

*The next day*

I had woken up a bit earlier than yesterday and did everything I needed to do to prepare myself for school. I then went downstairs, ate some breakfast, and left the house. I then went to go to Satania's house to walk with her to school. I had then arrived at her house and waited around patiently. A few minutes later, Satania had opened the door to leave.

"Good morning Satania" I said with a friendly smile.

"AHHH!" Satania screamed, not expecting me to meet her at her house.

"I didn't know I was that ugly" I joked.

"W-what are y-you doing h-here!?" Satania asked.

"I wanted to walk to school with you, but meeting up in that street we originally met up would take away some time, so I woke up earlier and came to your house" I told her.

"I thought you were Raphiel. She always likes to bother me" Satania said.

"Raphiel seemed fine to me, I think?" I said while my body shook from the uneasy feeling I had yesterday.

I looked at Satania's arm and saw she had melon bread. I could tell she was holding it tightly so it wouldn't be stolen from her from the dog again.

"Well it's whatever, we should go" I told Satania.

We began walking to school and talked about what we were going to eat for lunch and other things. While walking, she began to open up her melon bread since she started getting hungry. Then, a random blur appeared from behind and snatched the melon bread and ran away. The blur turned out to be the dog from yesterday.

"My melon bread..." Satania said with a bit of tears in her eyes.

I kinda had a feeling this would happen again. I wonder if she's ever done anything to that dog or if she's just unlucky.

"Satania, let's stop at that convenience store up ahead and buy you a melon bread" I said.

"I didn't bring any money today" Satania said in despair.

"But who said you were the one buying it?" I told her.

Satania's sad eyes had started to go away. Satania stiffed up from hearing my answer.

"Are you sure it's okay?" Satania asked.

I then sighed as I was still not used to Satania acting like a normal human being.

"Yes, Master Satania. I shall go buy you a new melon bread to replace the one that was stolen from you from the dog" I told her.

"Yes subordinate! Go fetch me my breakfast from that convenience store , AHAHAHAHAHA!" Satania said while laughing.

I smiled a bit while going into the store. I had picked a melon bread from one of the shelves and bought it. I had then returned to Satania with the Melon Bread and gave it to her. Satania was then looking at the melon bread with a happy face. She then removed the packet and was ready to take a bite out of it but stopped herself and looked a bit upset.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Well...th-...tha-..." Satania stuttured.

I instantly knew what she wanted to say, but that would break her "I'm evil and rule everyone" type of character. I then broke off a piece off of her melon bread and ate it.

"This is actually pretty good" I said while munching on the bread.

She had looked at me with a surprised look. I knew she would still go and try to say thank you so I decided to walk a bit faster.

"C'mon, we gotta get to school before the others" I told Satania.

"Y-yeah" Satania said while taking a bite from her melon bread.

We had arrived at the school with 20 minutes to spare. We decided to go to the cafeteria and sit down since Satania was still not done with her melon bread.

"Weren't you hungry?" I asked Satania who was half spaced out.

"Oh uh...yeah!" Satania said while thinking on her answer for a bit.

"Are you alright? What's bothering you?" I asked Satania.

"I-I'm fine" Satania said.

I proceeded to sigh. I didn't think she would still be stuck on that thank you.

"Satania, it's okay, you don't have to force yourself to say thank you" I told her to reassure her.

Satania then got a bit embarrassed as I pretty much read her like a book. She then looked down at the table and began to say something.

"You didn't have to...you weren't obligated to" Satania whispered.

My eyes opened a great amount. Her response, it reminded me of myself. I knew exactly how she was feeling because I too, had gone through that exact feeling. Satania is lonely. While she might have friends like I also did, she probably feels like she isn't really part of the group. Hearing Satania say those words hurt my heart since it reminded me of my past self.

"Satania, I did it because that's what friends do. It's okay, I felt like buying it for you. Don't worry about it" I told Satania with a smile.

"I-...okay" Satania said while gripping to her melon bread tightly.

I decided to grab another piece of her melon bread to break the tension that was going on between me and her.

"W-wait, that was a big piece" Satania said while freaking out.

"Well if you won't eat it, I will" I said while teasing her with the piece I just broke off.

Satania then began to eat the melon bread so I wouldn't finish it all. I then began to laugh.

"You're devouring it like it's your last meal" I said with a chuckle.

Satania then finished eating the melon bread.

"If I didn't, you would have ate it" Satania said.

"Well you're not wrong" I said with smirk.

I then gave Satania the piece I broke off. She then looked at the melon bread and then looked at me.

"I'm not hungry, and it was yours anyways, so you can have it" I told Satania.

She then proceeded to eat the last piece of the melon bread with a smile. I couldn't help but stare at Satania. She just looked so...innocent. Satania then finished her melon bread and looked at me. She then started to get embarrassed.

"W-what? Do I have something on my face?" Satania asked.

I then snapped out of my trance and responded.

"O-oh no, you're fine" I said while trying to regain my composure.

We had both looked away from each other. But still, the thought of me loving Satania, it still seems so weird. I mean I like Satania but love is too strong of a word. But why...why does my heart hurt every time I keep doubting it. So...why...