17The Reunion (pt.1)

@CastielNovak I apologize for my absence on Twitter the past few weeks. I have not been doing the best. Thank you to those who reached out and noticed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been over a month. The texts from Dean started out gradually.

Hey

Read 3:25pm 06/03/19

Hey how've you been

Read 6:27am 06/07/19

Hey the carnival was fun, right?

Read 2:31am 06/15/19

Are you home?

Read 7:56pm 06/16/19

How about now?

Read 9:52pm 06/19/19

I'm coming over. Please talk to me

Read 10:38pm 06/19/19

Hey, i mustve missed you yesterday. Guess you were busy lol. You free this weekend?

Read 6:24am 06/20/19

I'm sorry

Read 1:59am 06/25/19

Jack please

I miss talking to you

Read 10:07am 07/01/19

Hey I tried coming by that awful painting place

Sorry, its not awful

Im really bad at apologies

They said you werent there so i guess it was just bad timing. Let me know when youre free

Read 2:54am 07/16/19

Are you still going to my reunion? They just called me to confirm

Read 12:32pm 07/21/19

I told them youre still coming btw. Better to have an extra seat than not, right? Lol yeah. If you don't wanna come thats fine but if so I'll meet you at the school tomorrow. Wear your usual

Read 11:19pm 07/26/19

Cas was shocked. He never in a million years expected Dean Winchester, of all people, to miss him.

He tried his best to ignore Dean. He did. But it became hard, seeing Dean work across the street daily. It seemed like he hadn't missed a single day. Was he really just taking off work for me?

Truth be told, Castiel had no idea what to think. He had no idea if he was justified in acting the way he did or not. His only friends were Charlie and Gabe - and Gabe was his brother. He was getting tired of Charlie asking him about Dean. And talking to Gabe every day, all the time, wore him out more than back to back classes.

He laid down in bed and sighed. His curtains were still open and he looked out at the sky. His bedside lamp cast an orange hue on the window. Cas looked through it, admiring the sky. He loved the way certain stars glowed brighter than others, how they aligned to form constellations, and every little thing about them.

Gabe often called him a dork, saying something about Cas being more obsessed with what's in the sky than what's on Earth. Which, apparently, is a bad thing. Apparently, he was more obsessed than Sam.

He leaned back over, laying on his back. He blindly reached up and shut his light off, staring up at the ceiling. The moonlight lit his room and he groaned. He threw his hands up on his face and dragged them down. What am I going to do?