Demons (3)

Lena POV

True to my words, I do what my mother wants me to do; continue Lex plan to vanish the Kryptonian. I haven't contacted Kara or anyone from the DEO. I changed my number, shut down all my social media that I barely use and never went back to my penthouse. It has been two weeks that I live here in L-Corp and never went out.

Luckily Eve (my assistant) freely helping me everyday since I locked myself in my own building. She will make coffee every morning and put it on my dest while I get ready. She also get me my clothes from the cleaning and will bring me lunch after. I think she knew something is happening especially when I told her that I don't want to meet Kara, Alex, Nia or anyone else except for business partners. She not once questioning me anything, just minding her own business. I need to give her a raise this month.

Eve knock on my door. "Miss Luthor, sorry for interrupt."

"Yes Eve..?"

"Can I go back early today...? I uhhh kinda have a date tonight..."

"Yes Eve, you can go home now. It's already half past 5PM..."

"Thank you Miss Luthor...!" She's about to open the door and I call her.

"Eve, thank you..." she smiles and shut the dor door slowly.

After a few hours, I need to rest my eyes for a little bit. I put down my glasses and stand in front of my balcony window. Who would've thought that National City is even more beautiful at night. It's helping me to get my mind off from my work a little bit. Work, mother, destroy Kryptonian. The thought about Kara never left my mind. Suddenly I notice something floating in the corner of my left eye.

"Beautiful isn't it..?"

Kara says while floating in her Supergirl suit. Kara..? No, she can't be here! She's cannot be seen here!

"Supergirl..."

She landed on the balcony, this can't be good. I slide open the door and look downstairs and up on other nearest buildings to see if my mother's guys are watching but none of them. I push Kara inside and activate the lock systems for the entire building. I check the CCTV monitor for the entire level to see whoever left in this building but it's just some of the security. I told them that I was testing the lock system. Kara watch and calling me a few times but I didn't notice. I just need to make sure no one sees her here until she yells my name.

"Lena! What are you doing?!"

"Kara! What are you thinking?! You can't be here, it's not safe.."

"I came to see you. No one heard anything from you since that night. I just want to make sure that you are okay.."

"I am."

"No you're not. You're not answering any my calls and texts. You weren't at your house. It's been two weeks Lena... What happened?"

"I.. I.. I just work on a new project."

"You've worked on a new project before... Lena, are you mad at me...? I understand if you're mad at me, tell me you're mad at me. Tell me that I am the most people that you hate right now. You..." I cuts her off.

"I need you to leave me."

"I would never in my entire life leave you, Lena... Tell me what's going on, what's wrong. We can work this out..."

"No you can't, I can't... Just go Kara... Please hate me..."

"Lena, if this is about me keep my secret from you, I am sorry. I should've told you long ago, I know that. I just keep making excuses because you've been hurt so many times and I was convinced myself that I was protecting you. My secret identity was there to help and protect people. If people know, they might use it against you and I can't let that happen to you... I am so scared and I didn't want to lose you. I am so sorry. Please give me a chance. Please let me in."