Chapter 12

It was half an hour before Carl came to pick me up, by the look on his face he was seriously worried. Like me.

"What happened?" I asked him. He sighed and rubbed his hand down his face.

"I don't know, I was  up stairs in my room when I heard mum scream. I ran downstairs just to see a car pull off the drive. And I just know that something about that car was familiar, I just don't know what." He muttered.

"I don't know, what I do know is that we have 31 minutes and we haven't even left the hospital yet." He quickly put the car into drive and drove.

"Right, so you take a right. Now a left. Then straight on." I directed him.

"Really, there's like 10 barns here."

"Don't worry, I know which one it is."

The barn we were looking for is the one with two different sized doors. So the one on the right end.

"Park the car here and follow me."

"Have you any weapon?" I asked Carl.

"Yeah." Then he got out a gun.

"What the hell, is that even legal?" I exclaimed.

"Well, I may have lied about being 18 but we only have a few months so shut up." He told me.

"Fine, but it's your head not mine yeah?" He nodded. And I thought I was the rebel.

We walked slowly to the side of the barn. Very slowly.

We got to the door and I counted to three and burst in. But no one was there, until we heard a voice.

"Well hello." She said.

"What the hell are you doing?" Carl asked.

"Oh you know. Catching up with your Mother."

"Yeah looks like it." I commented. The person had mum with a knife to her neck.

"What are you doing?" Carl asked.

"I want you back." The woman told him.

"But I can't." He said.

"Then I'll kill her." She threatened.

"The thing is, you chose to tell me. It isn't my fault neither is it hers." Carl told this crazy person.

"But I was meant to be your mother, not her."

"But your not. You know what it's like losing a mother. Why would you make me lose mine." His voice was so sincere, but I didn't trust her.

"But you would have me."

"No I wouldn't, because you'd go to prison and to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way." Then he pointed the gun.

"If you kill her. I kill you." Then I heard a noise behind me.

"Got that right." Josh stated.

"How did you know I was here." I whispered.

"Followed you." He whispered back. I smiled.

"Stalker."

"Everyday." I chuckled.

"Kids go, I can sort this out." Mum said.

"Like hell you can."

"Mrs. Swells. Please put the knife down and step away from my mother." I commanded.

"Why should I? She took my little boy."

"Actually. I gave you your little boy." Go mum.

"Why shouldn't I just kill you now?"

"Because you know you'll die." When she didn't notice mum moved from Swells' grip and flipped her over. Obviously she noticed that.

"Bitch." Swells swore.

"Everyday if the week."

"Got that right." I muttered.

"Hey,less of the cheek missy." Then she turned around, just to be pushed off the edge.

"Mum!"

############# 

So another chapter.

What do you think?

Bit of a clifhanger there but oh well.