Meher's point of view

The netremen police station were as old as a haunted house. Alas! This is where the case of my brother is being interrogated.

Mr.Fedrick sat motionlessly on his deck checking god knows what file on his desk. The other officer either was laughing or gossiping like they had no care in the world. This looked more than some silly middle aged people's club than police station.

I am already getting sick of it.

Why they are so happy? Because they didn't face the bitterful truth about life?

The only person here who was a bit serious was Mr.Fedrick. He was in charge of my brother's very case of murder.

"Mr.Fedrick."

He didn't looked up neither he told me to sit.

"Who are you?" came his already bored voice.

Yes,yes..You are asking m who i am. I am the one who is visiting you every morning and begging you since the start about: Why the investigation hasn't started yet?

But you will just pretend like you don't know me. Every damn time.

"I am Meher, Mr Fedrick. I am here to ask you about Nazil's case-"

"Oh you." He looked up and then i see it. The look in his eyes, so fake. He gotta make me feel low again. "We are doing our best, girl. You can go seat peacefully in Your home."

He made a gesture with his right hand motioning me to go.

I had enough of this.

I slammed my hand as hard as possible on the wooden desk startling the officer to look at me. For real.

"No. I cannot officer." I seethed. "I cannot sit peacefully on my home whereas my brothers soul roaming in this world not having justice neither can you."

Mr.Fedrick clenched his jaw. "Are you threatening the police, Ms?"

"If you think that way, sit. Your investigation team hasn't even started anything yet! This is how you serve the commoners?"

Mr. Fedrick looked at me like he wanted to scare the shit out of me from his look, i know his temper was rising. Good. "Listen here you girl! We don't serve people like you alright! We get money from the upper people and we do what they told us. I was thinking to open the case for some formality respecting the death soul but i won't even do that. Don't make me call the other officers and go out now!"

I smiled. This is what i wanted to hear from you officer.

"I will go out officer but not before you hear this."

Mr.Fedrick sharpened his eyes as to googling the black object i just pulled out from my jacket's pocket.

"Listen here you girl! We don't serve people like you alright! We get money from the upper people and we do what they told us. I was thinking to open the case for some formality respecting the death soul but i won't even do that. Don't make me call the other officers and go out now!"

As soon as the recorder played Mr. Fedrick face palled like he just has seen a ghost.

"Don't try to snatch it or deleted it now, officer. I already send at least 10 copies of our conversation right now to my friends."

Mr. Fedrick sat back to his seat. "Seat down first. Let's talk first."

I sat down on the chair as he started sweating his guts out.

"You know officer...This one show goes viral and you cost your uniform."

Mr. Fedrick gulped hard.

"Please,calm down. Tell me, what you want."

"That's the away we talk, Mr. Fedrick. Now let's get down to business, shall we?"