10: Speechless

Letting out a disappointed sigh, the blonde began removing what felt like the 100th dress that she'd tried on, for a night out with her husband. Nothing seemed to feel right. She felt uncomfortable in everything she wore and didn't feel confident the least bit. Normally, she didn't take so long getting ready; however, it'd been moths since her and Mike had enjoyed a night with only each other and even though she hated to admit it, she was nervous.

"Is everything okay?" She lifted her head at her husbands voice, Mike entering their bedroom, seeing the blonde laid on the end of their bed, with only her undergarments on. "Is this what you are wearing?" He teased, gently pulling her bra strap, her sighing as she shook her head. "What's wrong?" He asked, leaning over her to see the tears in her eyes. "What's going on? Why are you upset?" Mike added, her biting her lip softly.

"I, I can't figure out what to wear. I look bad in everything. My, my body doesn't look good at all and-," she paused, taking a deep breath as a tear fell down her face towards her ear. "I don't want you to think, I feel like I'm not sexy anymore. I feel like I'm not sexy anymore and I don't want you to think that." She sat up, wiping her face. "After everything that's happened I just-,"

"You asked me if I look at you differently after the miscarriage and I told you no Carrie. I don't know why you're so upset." The blonde shook her head, turning away from her husband. "What? Are you mad at me now? I mean, if I think you're sexy, what else matters?" He said, completely clueless as to how upset she truly was.

"Maybe my feelings matter? Except I guess they don't." She stood from the bed, wiping her face again as she threw an oversized t-shirt over her head.

"Honey, you know that's not what I meant." Mike followed his wife into the bathroom, now understanding how deeply she was hurting. "I'm sorry." He said, resting his hands on her hips as he stood behind her.

"You're being very insensitive right now." She bit her lip, brushing her hair aggressively.

"Hey, look, I said I'm sorry. I really am, okay? You keep brushing your hair like that and you won't have any to brush."

"So funny." She rolled her eyes, Mike shaking his head disappointed.

"Let's just not go." He shrugged, the woman's heart sinking, of course she was upset with herself but she was looking forward to their dinner.

"I guess I just ruin everything." She mumbled under her breath after he'd exited the bathroom, another tear falling down her face. The woman put down the curling iron, putting her hands on the bathroom sink as she let her head fall between her shoulders in defeat.

Mike sighed as he stood from the bed, knowing that she was upset. He wanted to go to dinner, he was looking forward to seeing Carrie her all dressed up, he was excited to get all dressed up and be able to show her off like he use to. It'd been so long it felt like that the two of them had spent time together and he knew they both needed it.

"Hey," he softly spoke, running his hand down her back once he'd walked back into their bathroom. "Come here." Those were the only words she needed and the second they left his mouth she turned, wrapping her arms around him tightly. "I'm sorry babe, really." He rubbed her back as she clutched onto him, feeling his lips pressed against the top of her head.

"I just want things to be normal." She shook her head, sniffling as she pulled away to look up into his eyes. "I'm sorry. I know this is getting annoying-,"

"Don't say that Care. Listen, I'm still upset too. It's not just going to go away. It's going to take some time." His words caused her to lower her head, resting against his chest. "You, you I promise, are just as sexy and beautiful as ever." She blushed as she looked up at her husband. "Just wear this t-shirt. That's perfectly fine with me." He said before kissing her neck gently, the blonde biting her lip trying to hide her smile. "Come on, let's get ready and go." Mike added, she nodded before receiving a passionate kiss from her husband.

comment your thoughts❤️