13

November

"Hey Mom." I say into the phone. I'm in the library for free period and decided to check in on my parents.
"Hey Queen where are you right now?" She asks
"School, it's free period so I'm just studying in the library, you preform the surgery yet?"
"No my patients parents traveled with my assistant, Mellisa, to receive the medicine. Turns out the natural essentials here aren't helpful in heart replacement surgery." She jokes.
"Oh honey I got to go this is Mellisa calling I'll see you soon tell your brother to call me. I love you"
"Love you too bye ma."
I hang up the phone call and decide to call dad next but he didn't answer so I left a voicemail.

About 15 minutes before the bell rings, I hear someone walk into the library. I peak around the corner to see and find out Theo walking in, looking very confused might I add. "Theo!" I whisper-yell."
"Vembie!?" He says looking around the room. When his gaze settle on me his eyes light up and a smile etches across his face.
He walks over to me and sits across the table.
"Hey. Where were you today?" I ask, putting my pen inside me book and closing it.
"I um...don't wanna talk about. Maybe later." He says not looking at me.
"Oh." I feel kinda upset that he didn't trust me enough to tell me, but I guess I we don't know each other that well.
"So, watcha doing in here by yourself?" He asks changing the mood. I welcome the change and smile down at me books. "Studying. Gotta test next period." He hums in response. Clearly not into conversation. After a quick minute of staring at the door Theo breaks the silence. "Let's get outta here." He says. Looking back at me.

I laugh thinking he's only joking but when I see his face I can tell he's not."
"Theo I can't, my test" I say gesturing to my books. "Fuck the test. I bet you have perfect grades right now. I know I do. So what's one day,one test." He persuades I think about it for a quick second wondering if one test will really even matter. I shouldn't say yes, not just because of my test but because I can't trust anyone. I don't even know why he's asking me. I'm horrible. I hide it pretty well, my true self. Always smiling and being polite, but I feel like people see right through it. Especially Theo, that's probably why he's around me, because he pities me. But I don't care at this point. No matter how hard I try to hide it, I'm broken, no shattered. I'll never be okay again.

In, from what I guess is annoyance, Theo abruptly ays, "Ill buy you food." At the sound of that I grab my book bag and head towards the door. I turn around with a confused face and say, C'mon, we don't have all day." He laughs shaking his head and I hear him whisper, "Works every time" to what I suppose to himself. I ignore it and open the library doors, to reveal the main hallway. "So we just walk out." I say, starting to regret saying yes to skipping school.
"What do you mean, didn't you just skip yesterday?" He asks confusingly. The main exit doors are on the other side of school so it takes a few minutes to get there.
"Not necessarily, I mean I wasn't in my classes, but I went to the nurse and told him I was on my period and they told me to just leave early." I explain.
"You girls got it easy, just one word can get you outta any situation."
"What?" I say turning my head towards him.
"Period."

"What about period?" I ask hoping he's not saying what I think he's saying.

"'Your periods...yal monthly visitor your blood-"
"okay , okay I understand" I interrupt, "And you got it all wrong, I mean yeah it can get us out uncomfortable situations, but it's the worst thing one has ever done to a female." I explain.
He hums in response, obviously finished with this topic.
After feeling embarrassed for no apparent reason, I decide to start up conversation. "So where are we going." We reached the main doors and Theo, being a wonderful gentleman, held the door for me.
"Well the plan is, since I walked to school today, for you to allow me the privilege of driving your car, to reach our destination." He says giving me a sly smirk.
"Uhm...no" I say finally
"And why not?" He says as we reach my car. "Because it's my car, it's not my fault you decided to take the long route and walk to school."
"C'mon." He says giving me his best panty-dropping smile.
Unfortunately I give in easily.
"I swear to God Theo if you hurt my baby I will murder you indefinitely." I say digging through my purse to give him my keys.
"Actually you can only kill someone once." H says opening MY car door.
"Hahaha...so funny." I say sarcastically.
He laughs and walks over to MY drivers side and gets in.
"You never did answer my question." I say as we pull out the parking lot.
"What?" He says referring to my statement.
I roll my eyes in annoyance, but ask again.
"Where are we going?"
"Oh my dear lotus flower, we're going to never land." He says in a posh accent.
"Okay Peter Pan, just don't crash my car."
"Will do my lovely Wendy."

XO
MYRA